Golden Sands Hotel

La Route de la Baie

Golden Sands Hotel Reviews

johngayton johngayt…
Beginning My Working Holiday Feb 10, 2017
This is a hotel which I worked for during my summer of 2016 and so haven't had the full-on guest experience. Nevertheless I think I can give it a reasonably unbiased review, aided by the fact that part of my job induction involved a tour of the hotel's rooms and facilities - most splendidly a seafront room visit when the full tide was literally lapping against the seawall in front of the room's balcony.

Golden Sands is a quality 4-star establishment and you can expect all the 24-hour services which its four stars imply. As part of a small local group, Dolan Hotels, the emphasis here is on service - nothing is a problem. The location, in the middle of the seashore overlooking St Brelade's Bay, is spectacular. The bedrooms are artily furnished, as are the public areas - not playing the "boutique hotel game" but rather concentrating on comfort and functionality.

I can't really say otherwise, being one of the chefs, but expect superb food throughout your stay; from breakfast through morning coffee, lunch, afternoon teas and dinner, our menus cater for all tastes, doing a bit of traditional British, a touch of the Continentals and digressing from time to time into all Asia and even further afield. Note though that our local specialities include fresh lobsters and crabs who darn near walk themselves into our kitchen!

Not the cheapest option on the island, but if you want to treat yourself you'll find it not that expensive for what you get.
Seaview Rooms