Golden Pass Line

Zweisimmen, Switzerland

Golden Pass Line Zweisimmen Reviews

uzmansafdar uzmansaf…
A true 1930's Belle Époque experienc Aug 16, 2011
I have again graded it free because i got the ride free and it is free for the EUrail pass holder (at least first class Pass holder)and may be the Swiss Pass holes as well. Anyways we had Global pass of EU rail for the first class and it was great experience overall and one of the best parts of it i have reviewed in following paras.

Golden Pass Line broadly speaking and as i mentioned earlier is considered mother of all the scenic trains and it constitutes of three different trains that run between Luzern-Interlaken-Zwiesimmen-Montreux. Each of the route is special in its own way and at end of the day you come back with a smile on a face and there is is no hesitation in saying the tour is worth the money we paid.

. This was our last leg to travel by a scenic train and this one was known to be classic one. Any ways the train was already there at the station and we had to do this last switch to see the Switzerland in a classic manner.

The GoldenPass Classic train that runs between the Zweisimmen and Montreux and offers a journey with a retro style ambiance, a true classic experience. I had a little study on this train after my travel and I will be sharing some of the extracts out of my study as i was so much impressed by the train that I wanted to convey a précised and carefully selected opinion about this travel experience.

What I learnt a little about its history was that the coaches were inspired by the Golden Mountain Pullman Express (though I never heard of that one before) from the 1930s, a luxury train in the style of Orient Express that was short lived due to the economic crisis of the period. It disappeared from circulation rather quickly. The current train is a reproduction of the Belle Époque (Beautiful Era) style of its predecessors, in which one travels like a king.

There were no seats rather there were sofa’s placed on the coach which were extremely comfortable and spacious. The windows of the coach were designed in such a way to give a feel that we are a bit outside the train. There were no luggage compartments rather retro styled nets for the luggage and it truly sent us back to that era of 1930’s. Overall interior of the coach was wooden with details covered in well crafted manner. The entire interior had a great finish and even the washroom inside the coach was from Belle Epoque era. The floor was carpeted and entrance to the coach was again a wooden automatic door.

Thus everything was perfect and the natural beauty of Switzerland makes it a must travel tourist attraction. As this was my first train travel in a classic coach therefore I was highly impressed and even a better feeling was there as I had to pay nothing for this tour, it was covered in my rail pass. We really enjoyed our last leg and experienced some extraordinary landscape, beautifully constructed lodges in some of towns and waterfalls in the way. We were just hoping from one side to other side and there was not even a single moment when I felt that it was enough. As the train moved, always had some thing new to see and even we crossed a small airstrip with some Cessna and piper light passenger aircraft on it.

It was a life time journey for me and I feel I am among the 5 % blessed people of the world who had this opportunity to praise nature at its best in an executive manner and I am really grateful my father for bringing my this dream to reality. We only had one fellow passenger on the coach with us and she was quite a lively lady. She gave us a good company during last mintes of travel.

This train is highly recommended for all the travelers moving to Switzerland

Related Travel Blogs About Golden Pass Line

Golden Pass Line from Interlaken to Zweisimmen
So here it was the first panoramic train of the Golden pass line that we were about to board.  The first class cabin was as usual empty and we were the only travellers in the cabin so we had no …Golden pass line that we were about to board.  The first class cabin was as usual empty and we were the only travellers in the cabin…

Check Zweisimmen Hotel Deals