Golden Corral

(520) 458-6138

Golden Corral Sierra Vista Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Lots and lots of good food!!! Apr 27, 2013
Begun back in 1973 in Fayetteville, North Carolina, these are located all over the country now. They are one of the best buffet and grill restaurants available.

You pay as you go in and pick your drink. Then you find a table and head for the food. There were so many choices, from a large salad area, to a carver area, a grill for steaks, a fish area, a pizza area, a stir fry area, a Mexican food area, and a bakery area with many different kinds of rolls and breads. There was also a desert area that included fresh made cakes and pies, and fruit, including fresh strawberries. And they topped it off with a very large chocolate fountain which many people used to dip their strawberries. And for the kids (of all ages) they also had cotton candy!! Soft drinks, juices and coffee and tea were available too.

There is nice young lady to bring you a clean plate or refill your drink as you need it. Just to give you a clue, I took a picture of my first plate, but I will not tell you how many plates I had or the total calorie intake for the meal.  :)
Judy's first plate
My first plate (but not my last) :)
spocklogic says:
Help Yourself to Happiness!
Posted on: Jun 10, 2013
X_Drive says:
The closest one to us in the Central valley is Bakersfield. It''s good too!! :D
Posted on: Jun 10, 2013
cotton_foam says:
Hahaha! And I won't ask, Sir!! Looks like a real good place!
Posted on: Jun 09, 2013
Africancrab Africanc…
Less than Satisfactory Aug 19, 2012
I will rate my experience as less than satisfied after a lunch at the Golden Corral. My decision to go there was based on the memory of a great experience I had at the Golden Corral in Tucson, I was however very disappointed with this one. We arrived at the restaurant with my six month old and my 12 year old, there was a line at the pay counter. We waited in line, the one lady taking the payments was the same lady serving the drinks which were behind the counter (very inconvenient I might add).

We approached the counter when it was our turn, paid for the two lunches and asked for Pepsi to drink. She charged my card, went to fill our drinks and ended up filling 5 others before coming back to us with the drinks and a receipt. She did not mind that I had my son in the car seat and need to set him down, she did not ask if I need help with my son's seating (high chair or otherwise). Granted it is a buffet, but service outside of us serving our places should have been provided.

It was busy, seeing as it was a Sunday afternoon, we were not the only ones who thought of dinning out. We found a seating, still no one came to ask if we needed a high chair, I could only see one lady clearing off dishes from tables. I decided not to stress myself and just sat Alexander on a regular chair (which looked like a cafeteria chair out of a middle school). The tables and chairs are set too close to each other, I was afraid I would knock over the trays on which people were serving themselves.

The food options were varied, but they did not look appealing at all. Only the Salad bar looked impressive. My daughter and I both got some salad, I decided to go with the grilled meat, and baked beans (canned I might add), some French fries and steamed white rice. For desert, daughter had strawberry dipped in chocolate and cotton candy. For $10.55 per person, I felt rather cheated.

I really would not recommend it to a friend or family from out of town. I was disappointed.

PS: ”If it looks good, eat it” –Andrew Zimmerman
Vikram says:
Sounds like a rip-off, and that waitress seems so inconsiderate. Lovely review Harriet as always, telling us like it is!
Posted on: Sep 21, 2012