Darby Street, Newcastle, Australia

Goldbergs Newcastle Reviews

mezmoate mezmoate
Great Brekkie, Lunch and Dinner/Tea!! Sep 16, 2008
I just want to start by saying I love Goldbergs!! It has old charm and isn’t a manufactured café with all the modern designs, they have old ‘gentleman’ chairs and have old posters hanging up. This is one of the only old style cafes in Newcastle, although it can be squishy at times it just adds to the charm! There’s a courtyard out the back if you want the garden feel and a section out the fount of the café on the footpath.

If your heading in for breakfast, my favourite time, make sure you arrive before 8:30am (especially on weekends) otherwise you might not get a table. Everything on the menu is a good portion size and you won’t leave hungry! I can’t give a rating on the coffee because I don’t drink it but my friends and family say it’s pretty good!

For lunch and dinner they offer a range of heavy and light meals and wine to match. All meals are presented well and the taste is amazing! Sometimes the close surrounding people can be annoying but when you start eating they seam to fade away and the only thing that matters it the company and the good times!!

One thing that I’ve found wasn’t up to par was the cakes, some over the cakes can be a bit dry and a bit over cooked, this has only happened on a couple of occasions but both times I have sent them back for a fresh piece so I recommend viewing the cakes before ordering.

If you feel that Goldbergs isn’t your cup of tea you just have to walk ten meters either way and you can find more cafes that seam to never end. Hope you like it as much as I do!!!

Check Newcastle Hotel Deals