Gojo Guest House

Gojo Guest House Rates and Deals

Gojo Guest House Kyoto Reviews

travelmona travelmo…
Affordable stay in a Japanese style inn Jul 14, 2011
It made a last minute booking, 1 day in advanced, for this guesthouse because it was summer in Japan, and I realised that the earlier place I booked did not have air-conditioning. And I really want to try to stay in a Ryokan or Japanese style inn.

Such last minute booking can only be possible by phone reservation. But, I have a problem getting through by phone, and sent an email to explain, and also reserve a room. The response came very promptly. They asked about the time of my arrival at Kyoto station.

It was relatively easy to get to the guesthouse - considering the fact that I do not speak Japanese, I'm travelling alone, and it was my first time in Japan. The direction given in their website is pretty clear.

Even though the check-in time was 3PM, but I was able to leave my luggage before this time where I arrived at the guesthouse.

Kyoto is so beautiful anyway, and the staffs at the guesthouse are very helpful in giving recommendations on where to go, what to see, etc.

I had only intended to stay for 1 night in this guesthouse. But after the first night, I started contemplating for another night, or nights. Unfortunately, I had a flight to catch.

This will not be my last visit, I'm definitely go back again. I'm definitely recommending this place. There are quite a few local Japanese staying there at the time I was there, and they were quite impressed with the structure on the guesthouse.
Living room
Reception
Reception
Patio
genex13 genex13
Simple, but comfortable Sep 15, 2007
When going to Japan, you have to go to a ryokan. We travelled budget and we were more than satisfied with the Gojo guesthouse.

When booking, they even tried for us to get an overnight stay at a temple, because doing this from Europe is rather difficult. But because of Higan-season (honouring of the ancestors) we couldn't get one.

The owners/helpers are young japanese and were really nice and helpful. We had some really good conversations with one of them. Speaking of conversations... we got easily into some with the other guests there. It was really interesting, we had a man in his 50s from Australia or a young 20yar old girl. Each had different reasons for staying.

On the gorundfloor they have a cafe, where you could get coffee, tea and so on. The curry was basic, but nothing special.

The same was for the rooms. You had to make your own beds, but that didn't bother us. The room was clean and well cared for. The only bad thing were the locks. They were very simple and so safety wasn't so good.

You had access to a kitchen and washing machine. You had a shared bathroom, which you couldn't lock, what wasn't a problem for us, because they had cubicles, where no one could look in.

In teh cafe you could surf on the house laptops for free.

You can think good or bad of this guest house. If you wanna have a cozy bed and a lot of amenities, than go somewhere else. If you go budget and don't care, that you have to do your own bed or don't have much amenities, then come to this guest house.
inside the guest house