〒605-0811 京都府京都市東山区大和大路小松町4−11−26, Kyoto, Japan

Check Kyoto Hotel Deals

Gojo Annex Guesthouse Kyoto Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Gojo Annex Guesthouse Apr 12, 2014
This is an extended part of the main Gojo Guesthouse which is located about 10 minutes walk away. It's a very traditional house made of wood. The design was like a maze with 2 different stairs leading to the same upper floor, and the toilets are actually at the basement. I'm not sure if it's a typical Japanese house design, or was it being modified, but I loved it! There's almost like a secret stairways to the rooftop to dry our clothes.

This place is quiet and cozy. The single room is small, big enough to fit a matress and to hang our clothes on the wall. Forget about having a cupboard. There's a small table as a makeup corner next to the window. I love it. My room didn't come with an attached bathroom, but I was lucky to have a sink right in front of the entrance of my room. I could even wash my hands just by putting a step forward.

I had a traditional sliding door. It wasn't sound-proof so I could actually hear the Thai young group of friends giggling away, and a man in the next room snoring. But it didn't bother me. The mattress was very comfortable and I slept very well.

The toilets and bathrooms were well kept. They have a coin-operated washing machine with dryer as well. Hair dryer and toiletries are provided, but towels are by rental.

There's also a kitchen with full utensils provided. You can cook and keep your things refrigerated.

Their common area is small and could comfortably fit maybe 5-6 people. They provided a laptop for sharing and wifi is free. Connection was perfect. Apart from TV, they also have a karaoke set - if I saw correctly.

The guests were well-behaved, and privacy is very much respected.

If you follow the location map provided on their website, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding it. It's also nicely located near several attractions such as Jinshu Jinja, Gion, Nishiki Market, all within walking distance. They is also a 24-hour Fresco supermarket and police box not more than 5 minutes walk away.

I would very much recommend this place to budget travelers. Nothing to complain about!
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Posted on: Apr 12, 2014
trippin_jen says:
Ya I think the basement is unusual too.. special.. ahahahah
Posted on: Apr 10, 2014
yasuyo says:
I'm lucky to visit you at this hotel! It's very cozy,yes!! Usually tipical Japanese house wouldn't have restroom at basement I think. I saw that part was really modern so they just reconstruction them there.
Posted on: Apr 10, 2014