Going-to-the-Sun Road

(406) 892-2525

Going-to-the-Sun Road Glacier National Park Reviews

silan silan
Biking the Going-to-the-Sun Road Jul 15, 2008
This was an amazing experience that I will never forget and I would recommend it to anyone who is going to Glacier National Park.

Biking the Going-to-the-Sun Road doesn't have to be only for the hardcore biker. You don't have to bike the whole road, or even go uphill. Glacier National Park has a fantastic free shuttle service within the park and many of the shuttles have bike racks. We took our bikes from our campground (Rising Sun) to the shuttle stop right by the road, got a ride to Logan Pass and road our bikes down the road back to our campground. It was amazing!

Cliffs and deep gorges and valleys fly by on your right and the views are spectacular. Try to go later in the evening or early morning when there are fewer cars on the road as they still whiz past you and can make you a little nervous. Also be aware of the amount of speed and momentum that you'll gain as you cruise downhill! It's a long twisting road and is filled with great sites so stop and take pictures often and soak up this great experience!

This has got to be one of the top things I've ever done in my life! HIGHLY recommended!
jaeden says:
Imagine a rollercoaster ride because it's that much fun!!!
Posted on: Mar 14, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Going-to-the-Sun Road

Back towards the USA
Today we would be leaving Rosy and Dan’s home in Calgary and making our way south and back into the USA.  How we would do it was not set in stone and wouldn’t be for some time. …Glacier National Park and take the Going=to-the-Sun Road.  We had checked prior to going north towards…
We drove into Whitefish and stayed the night at a KOA.  It was nice there and we headed out early in the morning to get our oil changed.  After, we went to Glacier. As soon as we pulled th…national parks and every park had a color of their fleet, Glacier red.     Glacier had kept the vehicles operational because The Going to the Sun Road
Anaconda, MT to Kalispell, MT., Glacier Nat'l Park
On August 27, I continued west after a great couple of weeks in the Fairmont RV park in Anaconda, MT. Drove on I 90 to Missoula, MT and then turned north up to the Elks Lodge in Kalispell, The trip t…National Park . What a beautiful park it is. I took the Going to the Sun road which goes right through the park west to east. This road was a real…

Check Glacier National Park Hotel Deals