GoHotel Shnelli

GoHotel Shnelli Rates and Deals

GoHotel Shnelli Tallinn Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
Basic & Cheap in Tallinn. Jan 06, 2012
When we arrived in Tallinn, we didn't know how to get to the city, so we came across a man who told us to purchase a 5-day ticket (cost 7 Euro) whereby we could use it within the city (not in the Old Town. The Old Town is within the city and in fact, there are no trams/buses which go into the Old Town). It is for the buses and trams.

From the airport, you take bus 2 and be alert to see the tram tracks, once you notice it (it is actually located rather near to a refurblished what-used-to-be a factory), you quickly board off the bus and head for the tram stop. You board tram 2 to the tram-stop outside the main train station.

You'll not miss the hotel. It is just next to the main train station. At night, you'll notice its green signage at the top on the building.

Very fast check-in, just had to fill in a form (including my partner). For those afraid of heights, I'm sorry but they have the bubble elevators. A bubble elevator is the one with clear glass on the side(s) of the elevator. My advise is just not to look at it and just look at the door or the floor :)

The carpet reminded me of train tracks. Oh I forgot, you need to tap your room card OUTSIDE of the elevator at the lobby on the ground floor (in order to use it). On the ground floor there is the hotel's restaurant, didn't dine there so I can't give you my review on that. There's a machine near the entrance/exit door whereby it has hot drinks. Sadly you need to give the EXACT amount as no change will be returned from that machine. The hot chocolate was nice.

The room looked simple, nothing fancy and the bathroom just looked like it was in the 70s. It reminded me of those shower cubicles at the swimming complex, especially the tiles. The shower area was rather dim. The shower-tube/hose was simply HORRIFIC! It was SO disgustingly dirty and black on the ends like they weren't washed often or after each occupancy. We had to tell the chambermaid to clean it. Unfortunately it was still there and it would be best if they could do the simplest job, and that is to change the tube/hose. The towel rack is rather too high for me (sadly, I'm only 1.5m) and also not the cleanest.

Our room's view was the train tracks and in the day, you'll notice a market. Yes, there is a market next to the station, something which you have to visit and have a look around. When you're in the room, you wouldn't hear any noise coming from outside especially located along the train tracks.

We booked a double bedroom. There is something that irritates/annoys me. When someone books a DOUBLE BEDROOM...they DON'T expect literally TWO BEDS. We were expecting a QUEEN-SIZED bed. Apparently, we didn't get that as we got two single-sized beds being put together side-by-side. Not comfortable when you're sleeping with your spouse. I felt a bit separated from him.

AT LAST! Finally a hotel that KNOWS how to line its bin; they know that it is hygienic to place a plastic bag in the bin. That is one plus point for them.

The television is a big-fat-squarish thing hanging on the ceiling. Not too bad for me when I was laying down on the bed to watch but not when I was seated - neck pain! Yet, I'll not complain because I get the English channels, HA!

DO DO DO HANG the 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign outside of your room. Why? You don't wish for the chambermaid to open and enter your room whilst you're sleeping. Just to double ensure it, you should lock the door from inside.

One day, we were sleeping and we didn't hang the sign out. Luckily the night before, I locked the door from inside...and the next morning, I could hear someone fidgeting with the door. I guess the chambermaid wanted to come in to clean. We went out in the afternoon and returned around late afternoon to evening. I didn't lock from inside and she unlocked the door from outside and came in. She realised that we were there and asked if it was alright to clean the room. We said it was fine. Plus point is that she still asked if it was fine to clean. It is as though she really needed to clean :) but the downside, her cleaning wasn't thorough. It was like wipe around it and not underneath. If you know what I mean. Like a movable sign tag of 'NO SMOKING' on the table, she wiped the table and AROUND the sign but not underneath it.

PROS:

- Cheap (27,73 Euro per night - including tax & fees. 83,19 Euro for 3 nights - including tax & fees)

- There's a small machine that has hot drinks on sale

- It is near to the main train station (but we didn't use the trains there)

- The tram stops were nearby to the hotel

- We could get CHEAP and nice buns from the shops nearby (located in the station)

- Located VERY close to the Old Town

- There is WiFi and it works fine

- Security level is rather safe (but no safe deposit box)

- Check-out early but flight is later that day, you can leave your luggage behind in the hotel while you hang out in the city (it is free)

CONS:

- Would be nice if they refurblished the bathroom (please do something about it): especially the dirty-disgusting shower hose/tube

- Double room with a queen-sized bed instead of combining two single-sized beds

- The small machine that has hot drinks only accepts exact amount thus, no change in return

Simple hotel and cheap but it was good enough. Bathroom isn't the best but it was doable :) I would recommend it (to certain travellers) but I think I would like to check out other hotel(s) when I visit Tallinn again.
The hotel from the hill.

GoHotel Shnelli Overview

Located near Snelli Park and the famed Old Town, the Go Shnelli is a Tallinn accommodation offering its guests a convenient base for exploring all of the area’s many historic wonders including the Church of St. Oleviste, Toompea Castle and many shops, restaurants, museums and nightclubs. The Go Shnelli Hotel is just steps away from the Tallinn train station, and a short distance to both the bus station and ferry terminal. The local airport is approximately ten minutes drive from the hotel.

Each of the 122 cozy guestrooms at the Go Hotel Shnelli Tallinn are stylishly decorated and offer comfortable bedding, en suite facilities, hair dryer, climate control, satellite television, telephone and Wi-Fi Internet service.

Ideal for the budget-minded traveler seeking comfort and guest service excellence, the three-star Hotel Go Shnelli Tallinn offers all of the necessities to assure a pleasant stay, whether in town on business or pleasure. Hotel features include 24-hour guest service, elevator, meeting and conference facilities, newsstand, parking, safe deposit boxes and a casual on-site restaurant and bar.

GoHotel Shnelli Amenities

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Beauty Salon
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower