Go2 Bar

+84 (0) 8 836 9575

Go2 Bar Ho Chi Minh City Reviews

ngan ngan
Backpackers bar Jul 31, 2011
The bar is right in the backpackers area and its pretty crowded at night. Its also in the city center.

The food is mainly Thai cuisine. They have some Vietnamese dishes but they're not really tasty to a Vietnamese like me. Western style foods taste ok though. Cost average $5 for a burger.

The drinks are a little pricey. The menu might have similar price to other bars in Saigon but they have smaller size of glasses. A glass of Jack Daniels and Coke cost like $2.05 like other bars but their glass is smaller. The local beers are expensive with $2 for a bottle. So I think you can go to some other small bars around for beers if you're on a tight budget. It cost like $1 at those places.

The best thing about this bar is that you can sit outside, on the pavement and watch the traffic, the people going pass by. Most travelers and myself enjoy that since the life in Saigon is busiest in the country.

At night, this bar gets more crowded and noisier. People sit there, try to talk in loud music (mostly Hip hop and famous pop songs), see how the people earning their living. It could be a guy on a bicycle selling dried, grilled squid, grilled corn or kids try to sell bracelets or cigarettes, flowers. There's a little boy around 5 years old, who is very famous for dancing to sell bracelets every night. He has really mature and great moves follow the music. Sit here for a while and you will realize kids can be main worker in a family (if they have one). They will go out, earn the money while their parents keeping their eyes on them then they will take all the money, spend it on gambling, drugs or alcohol drinks. That is so wrong and sad!

Unlike the other bars in the area, this bar has security guards to make sure the customers not gonna be annoyed by the locals selling stuff on the street.

This bar closes around 3am in the morning or can be longer, depends on how crowded it is. And they have 1 pool table inside.
The bar at night.
Watch the busy road
Tables outside
hellowen_21 hellowen…
Sleazy after hours club Jun 29, 2011
Drinks and food, quite pricey compared to others within its vicinity. After around 1 am, the 2nd level will be opened for customers to dance and go crazy with music ranging from house to RnB. Lots of whores aiming to clinch deals, lingering around though
liquidmj liquidmj
Decent place to grab a beer Feb 01, 2010
Prices here are a bit more expensive than other parts of Saigon, but it's expected as it's right in the middle of the main tourist area. Food was pretty disappointing, but service was attentive. Just go for drinks.
Dan00005 says:
Don't go to this place they charged me an extra million dong for stuff I didn't order. This is because they don't understand English and are very shifty. So about 10 security guards came with batons and kept me there as almost a hostage they pushed me and tripped me over because I refused to pay them. And the food was rubbish and prices you get more at McDonald's. I would advise you do not go here expecially if you don't speak English. I was kept there for 2 hours. This is an allround bad place.
Posted on: Oct 05, 2013
geraldprabhu says:
This is a good place to party if you wanna party till 6 a.m. The place gets crowded after 2 a.m . The crowd is a mixture of travellers and "others" wanting to mix with the travelers . Music is good , service is not up to the mark
Posted on: Sep 18, 2011
sylviandavid says:
Honest review... thanks.
Posted on: Feb 01, 2010
worldcitizen worldcit…
Fun backpacker hangout in Saigon Mar 09, 2008
This bar was conveniently located at the end of our backpacker street in Saigon. We couldn't miss the bright neon signs, the young international crowd and the thumping music.

I never tried their food, but they do serve breakfast lunch and dinner. And I believe there is also a hostel in the same building.

Downstairs they have tables and chairs on the patio and people congregate around the bar and pool tables. We hung out on the patio for a bit, had some drinks and mingled with some backpackers before heading upstairs for some dancing.

I really enjoyed this bar, it had a very fun vibe and it's a great spot to meet other backpackers.
Dan00005 says: