Glutton's Bay

Beside the Esplanade , Singapore, Singapore

Glutton's Bay Singapore Reviews

ffransiska ffransis…
To decide what you want to eat is the most difficult thing to do! Mar 31, 2011

Really, when we came to any Hawker Center, it will be a bit easier if we already know what we want to eat, or on the contrary - what we don't want to eat:)

As for me, was a tough time when we came to one Hawker Center in Singapore called Gluttons Bay which is located beside Esplanade.

It was a combination from my eyes which is bigger than my stomach, been a long time I haven't been to any hawker center and my churning stomach.

This hawker center is really nice, with one row of different food and the rest is the seating area. There is at least 2 stall selling the drinks and the rest are food stalls. The eating area is nice and we never had any food smell reached our seating, which normally that's the worst part of eating in hawker stall.

The view from this place is also very nice, overlooked the marina with the new 16th floor sky garden building and the other part of the bay where Fullerton Hotel is located. This place is also close to Singapore Eye.

The type of food they have here is standard Singaporean Hawker food, some satay, murtabak, roti pratha, different version of friend noodle and some barbeque chicken wings. After an endless hesitation I decided to choose mutton murtabak, carrot cake (which doesn't contain any carrot at all!), and bbq chicken wings.. all of those plus Tiger beer - was just another sinful meal in Singapore!
Singapore Flyer
Food stalls - yummm
bbq chicken wings comes with chill…
petitefleur petitefl…
Jun 22, 2007
Read the name " Glutton's Bay " That sounds like my home address :p

Glutton's Bay's my favorite food centre in Singapore.. Open-air, clean, and just beside the river :) Cheap food in a posh environment.

Glutton's Bay designed by the Makansutra Seetoh.. Makansutra = Our Local Food Guru.. thus, all the stalls here are traditional stalls renowned in Singapore, and relocated to one of the 'touristy' locations.. Food's a teeny bit more expensive than the usual food centres, but quality's way above the normal expectations..

Must try local dishes in Singapore includes our

Chicken Rice..It's just chicken and rice but voila, the combi is amazing thanks to secret ingredients :)

Bak Kut Teh.. A herbal soup cooked with tender pork ribs.. Tres bon!

Hokkien Mee.. A wok-fried prawn noodle thats so smooth you don't understand how such amazing food could ever be created

Satay.. our local kebab served with a sweet peanut sauce and rice cakes

Laksa.. Rice noodles with seafood and meat in a spicy coconut broth

Nasi Lemak.. Coconut rice with Condiments and the secret's the chili!

Local Chicken Wings.. Barbecued and delicious with special chili and lime.. it's just different.. try it!

Roti John.. Malay style marinated meats with egg onion on baguette.. Amazing fusion!

Chili and Pepper Crab.. It's a pain to eat, but it's worth every inch of strength and it's finger lickin' good

Gong Gong.. Shelled seafood.. Just order it.. it's fun chewy and tasty

For the chilis you read.. don't worry, I don't take spicy food but its mild and some sugarcane juice will beat the remaining heat..

All of the above could be found in Glutton's Bay.. except the Bak Kut Teh.. you can find lots of shops selling Bak Kut Teh in Balestier Road :)
Chicky rice
Asians eat the fish head too! Eeek…
Hokkien Mee!
Yummy Satay!
mkrh says:
Thanks for the tips. Lonely Planet says this is a cool place and now with your review it is on my list for my trip this June.

:))
Posted on: Mar 28, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Glutton's Bay

My first meetup ever: Singapore
Well, this is the first meetup I attended and it was so amazing. Because of the perfect organization of the meetup by Florianne, I spent a great evening with her and the other TBs  in Singapore…Singapore: Starting at Gluttons Bay - Makansutra I could taste the local food and got to know the other TBs. We then…

Check Singapore Hotel Deals