Gluek's Restaurant and Bar

Gluek's Restaurant and Bar - band stage area at Gleuk's

Gluek's Restaurant and Bar Minneapolis Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
food and drink near Block E Aug 27, 2008
My friend Michele and I stopped here for dinner before our night at the Shout House on Block E. This restaurant is located right across the street from Block E and serves German food (and American). This restaurant is touted as the oldest restaurant in downtown Minneapolis and is going GREEN! They use 100% soybean oil and no trans fat, they recycle and will soon get a green roof! Cool!

The inside was a little dark and bar smelling and it was a gorgeous afternoon so we sat outside at some tables on the sidewalk. The inside has a long bar and lots of smaller tables. They also have a free meeting room, but there was a meeting in there so I couldn't check it out. There is a stage by the front window for live music.

We got there for Happy Hour which consists of 2-for-1 Gluek's beers (they make three varieties - a pilsner, a dark, and a red). They've been brewing their own beer since 1857! We ordered some food - I got the Bismarck - a bratwurst on rye with Swiss cheese and fries and it was pretty good. We had a couple rounds of beer and then it started sprinkling on us so we paid up and left.

The bar is open until 2 am and they have live music sometimes, so it might be worth checking it out sometime. But chances are that if I'm downtown Minnepolis at night - I'll be at the Shout House instead.
front of Gluek's
Prost! with our 2 for 1 pilsners
sort of has the beer hall feeling
band stage area at Gleuk's
alyssa_ob says:
Ha ha! You know I have a weakness for the Shout House! But I didn't know they had Gluek's at the Dome! I'll have to look for it next time. You guys need to stop back and check out the photos I just uploaded.
Posted on: Aug 29, 2008
the_bill says:
They sell Gluek's beer at the Metrodome.
Posted on: Aug 29, 2008