Globetrotters Hostel Dublin

Check Dublin Hotel Deals

Globetrotters Hostel Dublin Reviews

stray29 stray29
Poorly put together. May 23, 2011
I can't be too sure of the price, I forgot, but it must've been cheap.

The positives: The locations isn't bad. But then again, Dublin is a pretty walkable city in general. They also offer breakfast in the morning which is decent and it makes for a good opportunity to meet people.

The negatives: The beds are uncomfortable. There's no outlets in the entire room. The staff isn't nice or helpful (the bag storage room is located behind their desk and they get pissy everytime they have to open it). The bathrooms were pretty gross and I had to bend down to get my hair wet. At about 5 or 6 in the morning you can hear the kitchen starting up, playing music, talking etc.. and the drawer under my bed didn't open.

I could probably go on for days. But I'll stop there. I think you get the point. I did meet some nice people there, but this was one of the worse hostels I've stayed at.
Globetrotters Tourist Hostel Jan 04, 2008
Globetrotters Tourist Hostel is centrally located in Dublin near the Busarus Central Bus Station and O'Connell Street, Dublin's main thoroughfare.

The hostel is housed in a historical building which was the home of poets and playwrights Dion Boucicault and Lafcadio Hearne (Koizumi Yakumo). Globetrotters Tourist Hostel occupies the same building as its "sister" Bed & Breakfast called The Townhouse. See the link below.

All of the dorm rooms at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel are ensuite. My cousin and I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm room. The dorm beds were ok and the bed frames were wooden so they would creak at the slightest movement, much to the chagrin of the person sleeping in the bunk below me. Each bunk had its own reading light. The room was sufficient because we only showered and slept in the room. Sorry I didn't take a pic of the room.

The in-room shower and toilet facilities were adequate with sink space to store toiletries, hooks to hang towels, and enough hot water!

Unfortunately, the dorm did not have locker space to store our luggage. So I had to be really trusting of my hostel roommates.

Globetrotters Tourist Hostel is not a rowdy, party all the time, drink until you pass out kind of place. In fact I found it to be very quiet and conducive to rest.

Other than its location, the next best amenity of Globetrotters Tourist Hostel was the breakfast which was included in the price. The Irish breakfast buffet consisted of eggs, bacon, ham, baked beans (I don't know why this is a favored breakfast item), tomatoes, hot and cold cereal, toast, tea, coffee, milk, juice, and fruit.

I would definitely stay at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel again the next time I am in Dublin.

If you want a hostel with a social scene to meet other travelers, this hostel is not for you. BUT if you want a calming and relaxing atmosphere Globetrotters Tourist Hostel is the perfect fit.
Hostel Sign
The Breakfast Room
Reception Room
A lounge area near the reception r…
TRE69 says:
@ Eric...isn't that the hot water showers...especially during winter time!!! I experienced that at a hostel in Scotland.
Posted on: Mar 31, 2010
Eric says:
I wish I had stayed in this hostel when I was in Dublin. The one I stayed in was loud all the time and didn't even have hot water in the showers!
Posted on: Mar 30, 2010
YankeeFanTraveler YankeeFa…
Great Hostel..well worth the price Oct 15, 2008
Just spent a weekend in Dublin with seven friends and we were all very impressed with the quality of the globetrotter. We didn't have very high expectations based on what we'd paid but it was actually very clean, free computer access, a nice breakfast in the morning and great location (about 10-12 minute walk to temple bar area). Will definitely stay here again next time we go.
louisebenedetto louisebe…
Jun 09, 2007
The breakfast was sooo good!

everithing really clean!

really good hostel... But not so fun, quiet!!!

Globetrotters Hostel Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels
  • Shower
  • En suite
  • Coffee Shop/Cafeteria
  • Luggage Storage

Related Travel Blogs About Globetrotters Hostel Dublin

Finally...In Eire!
With a quick flight over the Irish Sea, Mar and I were finally in Ireland. Since I left my duffel bag of Scottish souvenirs and dirty laundry at the Bus Station Backpackers, I was able to take on my …Dublin accommodations Globetrotters Tourist Hostel (Review to follow). After securing our bed spaces, Mar and I went out to explore…
Dublin In A Dash
Mar and I woke up super early today so that we could see as much of Dublin as possible before our flight back to Scotland. After an Irish breakfast buffet in the hostel dining hall, we stowed our lug…Dublin as possible before our flight back to Scotland. After an Irish breakfast buffet in the hostel dining hall, we stowed our luggage at Globetrotters

Check Dublin Hotel Deals