Globetrotter International

Globetrotter International Rates and Deals

Globetrotter International Cairns Reviews

Tash987 Tash987
Didn't enjoy my stay May 12, 2013
Staff are friendly, however I didn't enjoy my stay here at all. I only stayed one night, and was thankful to leave. I stayed in a 7 bed room which was just not clean, shabby, poor quality beds, a real mish mash of old/broken furniture and it really needed completely re-doing. My mattress was stained and really uncomfortable, sheets torn, etc. It just did not feel clean.

There were ants everywhere, but with Cairns you do tend to get insects all over the place so I kind of accepted that; however they did seem to have excessive numbers of ants and there was cockroach spray in the room (which another girl had said was used for cockroaches whilst she was there). There was a kitchen in the room but I never used it. You are supposed to get a free meal on your first night but I wasn't told about this on check in.

It is a bit of a walk to the centre, but quite straightforward - just down a straight road really or the promenade.

Staff were quite friendly. They very much want good reviews only and ask you to not leave a bad review. The other good thing is that it's a relaxed place and I could store my bags there (though could only collect them when reception was open).

I'm comparing this to what I would call a decent hostel - such as most YHAs.
kellyyyz kellyyyz
Private and Peaceful Mar 07, 2010
This place was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted someplace that was quiet and the only sounds I heard were the geckos outdoors.

I chose this place because the price was right to get my own room. I actually scored nicely because I was given a 3 person room to myself. Rooms are air conditioned and fridges are provided in the rooms. My room was also quite old, so don't be surprised if you can see daylight between the old creeky floorboards!!

The atmosphere was laid back and there were a lot of places to sit outside and read or relax. And those geckos....they run around the hallways outside the older building's bedrooms. It sucked for me at first(the city slicker) but we eventually acquired a friendly symbiotic relationship.

Why am I writing this? Just to be helpful, that's all. Travbuddy didn't have any reviews for Globetrotter when I was looking for a single room in Cairns, so it made sense to me to provide one now.
sylviandavid says:
very nice review.... Great to have something for a place that is cheap and eco friendly to geckos... LOL... a plus for sure! Thanks for the review. sylvia
Posted on: Mar 08, 2010