Global Village Hotel

Check Ladyville Hotel Deals

Global Village Hotel Ladyville Reviews

not_kate not_kate
Clean Hotel Near Airport Mar 09, 2010
The Global Village Hotel was great. To be honest, there are probably better places to stay in Belize, but they will cost way more. The hotel staff was always friendly and willing to help in any way possible. They cleaned our rooms daily, fulfilled any special requests, and brought fans over to us when we were sitting in the (non-air conditioned) lobby while using the free wi-fi.

The hotel is located extremely close to the air port in Belize City. Rooms can have two double beds or one queen bed. The rooms themselves were air conditioned and had satellite tv. (We got to watch one of the Tampa Bay Rays games while there which was a HUGE deal to us!)

The bathrooms only have a shower, so if you have small children that take baths you'll have to get creative. The only draw back was that you cannot flush toilet paper down the toilets because their sewer system can't handle it. All toilet paper must be thrown away in the trash cans. (We made sure to tie up the plastic trash bags to help eliminatie smell.) I've actually seen this in many countries I've been to, and it's very easy to forget about the toilet paper rule. But try to remember because it's not fun when you've overflowed the toilet into your hotel room.

Rooms cost between $55 and $75 American dollars. The price difference seemed to be for the different bed arrangements, we saw no change in set up of the rooms, cleanliness or service.

The hotel is owned by a nice Chinese family (you'll find out that a lot of businesses are owned by Chinese families in Belize.) They don't speak english extremely well, but they do try very hard. If you have any language problems at all, speak to the son, his english is excellent and he often translates for his parents.

There is free wireless internet at Global Village. I brought my old Sony Viao (approx 6 yrs old) which didn't get internet in the rooms so I had to go out into the lobby at night. I'm sure if I would have brought my newer Mac I would have been fine picking up the signal in the room. (Others who were traveling with us were able to pick up internet on their I-phones from the rooms.)

Overall, if you're looking for a friendly, clean place to stay Global Village Hotel is a great choice.
Africancrab says:
Great review Erin, thanks for sharing, this will serve any one of us here well.
Posted on: Mar 09, 2010
Eric says:
Hi Erin -- Thanks for sharing your hotel review on TravBuddy. Great first review!
Posted on: Mar 09, 2010
Dalmia Dalmia
Oct 26, 2009
We were in a pinch and needed to find an affordable, decent place to stay for the night. This hotel was close to BZE and provided free transporation to/from the airport. We were pleasantly surprised to find the amenities included a restaurant (with free breakfast), a bar and air conditioning! I was not pleasantly surprised to see a gecko hanging around outside my window.

A double-bed room went for $55 USD/night.

Tel-501/225-2555

Email-globalhotel@btl.net
Dalmia says:
Um yeah, I don't do pics of toilets. But if I could figure out how to work my scanner, I could upload a coupl of pics for this review! ;)
Posted on: Nov 07, 2009
mr_shanet says:
what no photos?
i dont get to see how fancy the toilet is? ;)
Posted on: Nov 07, 2009