Global Villa Guesthouse

Check Lucea Hotel Deals

Global Villa Guesthouse Lucea Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A really great to stay for fair money Apr 28, 2011
The Global Villa Guesthouse is situated on the main road between Montego Bay and Negril. It is a place that you might just pass by but if you are looking for a great room at a fair price then stop there for a night or two. The hotel has 9 rooms and the place is quite often used for conferences too. They also have a secured parking; well as secure as it can be, in the back garden behind the house.

The Hotel is situated so you have easy access to the water and there is a small beach nearby. The hotel and its restaurant is quite often being used as a stop on the way for many tour operators; so it is a good and lively place.

We stopped and asked if they had two room and they could confirm that. We went in and looked at the rooms and we were not in any doubt; it was a pretty good offer compared to where we had stayed so far in Jamaica.

My room was fairly large with two double beds and a fair sized bathroom. The bathroom even had warm water. The room was nicely decorated in red and white and both my beds were really large and nice; they were real beds and not some foam construction that would kill you during the night. The room had both air condition and TV.

There were Wi-Fi connection at the hotel but not in the room; the best spot was in front of the hotel; which evidently also was a great place to have a cold beer and talk to some of the other guests. The staffs were all sweet and I had a lot of laughs with them all.

Their restaurant will provide you with good food but be aware that it closes at 7 pm and the bar closes at 9 pm. The food is real home cooking and Jennifer that was our cook was extremely sweet. She said we looked hungry so she made a great soup for a starter and then she made me a wonderful main dish with Jerk Chicken and Jamaican vegetables and especially the callaloo; which is Jamaican spinach that is just wonderful.

On the other side the road you can find shed bars where you can buy cheap beers in some of the many small road house bars there are situated on the beach until the close; I left at 2 am and they were still open.

They also serve a great breakfast if you are up for it; I had a great one with wonderful coffee. They gave me both a fruit plate and a vegetable plate with cooked veggies.

The price for the room was 50 US$, which I found was a very good price; if you were to stay longer you could even get a much better price.

I had a great time there also partly due to that I met a funny American guy that I was hanging together with in the bar on the other side of the road. Here we met some funny and great local people that knew how to party.
Crazy bird watching the place
The bar across the street

Check Lucea Hotel Deals