Glendalough State Park Campground

Battle Lake, Minnesota
Glendalough State Park Campground - carts and shower house
Glendalough State Park Campground - the open campground host site
Glendalough State Park Campground - wooded sites (lake in background)
Glendalough State Park Campground - shower

Check Battle Lake Hotel Deals

Glendalough State Park Campground Battle Lake Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Make reservations for a holiday weekend May 29, 2010
Glendalough State Park is located in western Minnesota in an area of glacial lakes. The park has a cart-in campground with 22 cart-in sites, all within 500 feet of the parking lot. The park also has a group campground, 3 canoe-in campsites, and a canoe-in group campground.

The main campground has all the sites tucked into the woods, with some along the lake. Only the campground host site is out in the open. The shower house has flush toilets, running water and hot showers. The showers are the kind where you push the button for 1-2 minutes of hot water, then it turns off, you soap up and push the button again to rinse off. There are 2 showers in each bathroom (I think - I didn't go in the men's room).

All sites have an assigned cart, tent pad and fire pit. As it was a holiday weekend and I didn't make reservations, I got the last site in the park - the campground host site. This was not ideal, but I was hard pressed to find a site at 8:30 pm. This area is lacking campgrounds and the nearby resort was booked. It might be a good idea to reserve a site here in advance.

The campground had the usual people noises until after 10 pm, but then I was up and out of there before 7, so I don't know how noisy the morning was. Overall, it served its purpose of a one-night st and :) Plus, I could hear loons at night. Also, there were a bunch of tent catepillars dropping from the trees onto my tent, table, me...ewwww. But those are only in spring.
carts and shower house
the open campground host site
wooded sites (lake in background)
Glynnes says: