Glass Bottom Boat - Es Cana

Glass Bottom Boat - Es Cana - Glass Bottom boat on the left

Glass Bottom Boat - Es Cana Ibiza Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Disappointing - not much to see other than the coastline Jun 29, 2013
We saw this Glass Bottom boat trip whilst passing the harbour side one evening. We thought at 9 euros it was reasonably priced so we went back the following afternoon with the intention of taking the 4pm boat trip. When we got to the harbour side the guy told us that he wasn't taking the boat out again that afternoon due to the sea being choppy, he told us to come back the following morning for the first trip out at 11am, which is what we did.

The guy only charged us the fare for the two adults, he let my niece on for free with her being two. The boat had capacity for around 50 people but on our trip out it was probably half full.

On boarding I was a tad disappointed with the actual size of the 'glass bottom' - basically there were two tanks in the middle of the boat - ie two large submerged fish tanks!!! Call me naïve but I was thinking of something a bit more elaborate - ie the floor/part of the floor being glass. Given the size of the viewing tanks it was impossible for everyone on board to take a seat around them - god only knows what happens if the boat is filled to capacity?? Therefore, on the journey out I sat at the side of the boat whilst my sister and niece peered into the tanks. The coastline was spectacular but in all honesty all the fish (that we did see) appeared to be all the same - nothing like the pictures that were displayed on the boat, and nobody was giving any commentary what so ever on what fish we were seeing.

We eventually came to a stop to view a wreck - not really much to see here either, couldn't really make out the outline of the wreck due to the poor visibility and size of the viewing tanks. The guy did give a bit of information about the wreck but nothing awe inspiring either.

The return journey was awful - basically the guy decided to put his toe to the floor, obviously wanting to get back to shore to ship the next lot on. This meant the boat was rocking and rolling all the way back. My sister who has always been fine on boats said she felt queasy, the teenager to my right complained to her mum she felt dreadful, the small girl and her gran on the other side of me felt ill and my little niece threw up!!!

The deck hand was non too pleased about this, handed me one sheet of paper towel to clean us both up with and instructed me should she continue to be sick to perhaps try and hang her over the side - at the speed the boat was travelling he could stick that idea where the sun don't shine!!!

We were extremely glad when the harbour came back into view and back on dry land. I have been on a number of boat trips over the years and this has to be the worst I have experienced. The viewing tanks were no where near big enough for the number of passengers, there was no variety of marine life, and the wreck was practically non existent. For 9 euros the only thing nearly guaranteed with the high possibility of people being ill on the return journey.

Unfortunately would not recommend this trip =(
Glass Bottom boat on the left
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review!
sampad says:
Congrats on your Feature !!
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review too bad it wasnt really worth it! :)

Check Ibiza Hotel Deals