Malibu, California

Gladstone's Malibu Reviews

pretty_girl pretty_g…
A great dining experience with an unbelievable view!!! May 20, 2012
Located on PCH at Sunset Bvld, Gladstones offers one of the best restaurant ocean views on the Pacific. Outside seating gives you the best vantage point. Dining at Gladstone’s has become a pleasant, casual, culinary experience built around seafood. There are many items to choose from: the famous chowder, the seafood tower (perfectly cooked and tasty crab legs and shrimp, gorgeous oysters), spice crusted ahi tuna, crab cakes, and many salads for appetizers. A good wine list coupled with courteous service makes Gladstones a great place to have either dinner or lunch. Crusted tune was amazing. Also I like Baramudi in wine souce with asparagus. They have an on sight photographer who takes great pictures as a rememberence of your visit.
Baramudi (wine souce with asparagu…
crusted tuna
OK Seafood By the Beach Feb 10, 2008
Gladstone's in Malibu is a famous establishment that has been serving up breakfast, lunch, and dinner from its beachside location for many years. Gladstone's is located right along side Malibu beach which gives its patrons views of the ocean, the occasional dolphin, marine birds, surfers, kayakers, and beach-goers.

The deck has booths and picnic tables for enjoying the So Cal sunshine. And I think on the deck shoes are optional. Inside, shoes are a must but the dress code is still relaxed and casual. Our booth was right by the window with a clear view of the ocean. Fortunately we were there during brunch hours so the sun wasn't in our faces while we ate.

To start, I ordered the Shee Crab Soup, my mom had the Clam Chowder, and my brother had the Down Home Lobster Roll. My soup was creamy and tasty with just enough saltiness. The oyster crackers that it came with were tasteless and not appetizing. I didn't try the clam chowder but my mom enjoyed it. I tasted the lobster roll it was really yummy and I could actually see chunks of lobster. The chips that it came with were a real disappointment...they were soggy without any crunch.

I had the Seafood Sampler which was a combination of broiled shrimp, scallops, salmon, and halibut with fresh steamed veggies and corn on the cob on the side. Everything on my plate was good but not OMG fabulous. I disliked the rice served under the seafood.

My mom had the broiled shrimp and scallops. My brother had the crab benedict which was crab cakes with poached eggs on top English muffins covered in hollandaise sauce with O'brain potatoes and fresh fruit on the side. I tasted the crab benedict and it was just ok, unfortunately.

I usually eat something sweet after a meal and this time was no different. We ordered the dessert waffle which was a buckwheat waffle topped with ice cream, whipped cream, and drizzled with chocolate sauce. The waffle was cold and tasted like cardboard...aka...crap! After a few bites of the waffle, we resigned to just eating the ice cream which was just ok. What a disappointing dessert! Note to self never order it AGAIN!

The service was good...that's all I have to say about that.

The best selling points of Gladstone's is its location, ambiance, and fresh seafood.

If I do ever go back to Gladstone's I would probably get something else off their menu...perhaps the Clambake Platter.
Emerson's Famous Shee Crab Soup
Looks pretty good!
Posted on: Nov 07, 2008
jenn79 jenn79
Feb 06, 2007
Some of the best seafood, although they have a penchant for frying most of it. Unbelievable location right on PCH - on the water!You can eat well there for about $25. Drinks are pricey but taste good. One of the bartenders makes the most phenomenal Mai Tai ever! When I asked for a drink recommendation, he said "How about a Mai Tai?" And I responded - "that's for old ladies, thank you.." And he said "I'm about to prove you wrong. AND DID!" Fantastic! I don't know what he put in it, but it was AMAZING.My favorite thing to get here are the seafood cobb. It looks like they have a new sandwich menu that wasn't previously available. This will save your wallet from a beating..The only way to park here is valet (unless you can find street parking, or have the stomach for sideswiping PCH drivers). I believe the cost is $7.
View from Gladstone's