Glacier Point

Yosemite National Park, California

Glacier Point Yosemite National Park Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Spotlight View Point in Yosemite May 11, 2013
Nothing prepares you for what you see when you get to Glacier Point in Yosemite. It is a high point way above the valley floor. From the gate, it is about a 25-30 minute drive. There is parking and one view point prior to getting to the actually Glacier view point. My family and I spent 3 nights in the park, during which we toured and hiked the main highlights of the park.

There is a very exciting, challenging and adventurous hike to the valley floor which we attempted, but only did a mile and a half each way as we had my 15 month old with us. It is a tough hike, I shall not lie. The down hike is the easy part, getting back up literally requires rails or a chain for one to pull him/herself up with.

The views from glacier point are nothing short of breath-taking. Since we went in may, it was supposed to be cooler, but unfortunate for us, the heat picked up a day before and we literally got in at 90 degrees plus in temps. At such a high altitude though, it was cooler and the giant pine trees gave much needed shade.

The half dome and three different waterfalls are vivid from this point.

PS: Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today!

Compare Yosemite Village Hotel Rates (4.4km away)

Yosemite National Park Map