Giza Zoo

Giza Street, Cairo, Egypt

Giza Zoo Cairo Reviews

AlexFrank AlexFrank
Who Wants to pet a lion? Jun 30, 2011
Ok, so the animals are kinda sad looking and the some cages are a little sad. They don't look well kept. And it is depressing.

Girls should defiantly not go with out guys, and should wear baggy/loose clothing. DO NOT GO ALONE if you are girl!! When I was there, locals harassed the girls a little, no TOUCHING happened, but looks, kisses kinda of stuff, circling.

That aside, you can pet and feed just about any animal they have for a little extra cash, and not much, no more than 5 dollars and that on the extremely high side. (at least when i was there 6 years ago, and honestly i don't see much changing)

So that is the only reason i would go, if you have seen one zoo you have seen them all, but being able to pet them. One guy offered to pull a lion out....hmmm..not so much. But check it out!!
stkittchick stkittch…
Please don't patronize this hellhole Dec 17, 2010
Animals are living in abject misery. Every ticket purchased only perpetuates their suffering.

Please don't visit zoos, aquariums and petting zoos. Keeping animals in cages for their entire lives for our fleeting diversion is morally indefensible. Imagine being locked in your bathroom for the rest of your life. Someone would feed you, but you could never leave. People would walk by you all day long and gawk at you. Not such a pleasant thought, is it?

Animals aren't ours to exploit for entertainment. Please, have a heart. Don't support zoos and aquariums.
joehobo says:
The locking up in the bath room is a fine example.
Posted on: Jan 01, 2011
Hossam Hossam
Giza Zoo Dec 22, 2009
I don't have a lot to say about Giza zoo because

unfortunately the animals are treated so bad not just by staff but by other visitors.

it's located in Giza Road across the road of Cairo University.

so personally I wouldn't say that the Giza Zoo would be a convenient site of attraction, it needs to be improved. probably that's why it's not advertised to tourists. I'm an Egyptian and I hate to say this but if you have an Egyptian friend suggesting that you should go I personally don't recommend it.
the main entrance
Eagles cage
joehobo says:
Honestly yes.
Posted on: Jan 01, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Giza Zoo

Egypt &/or Jordan, Oct.-Nov. 2010
First, let me assure you that I am NOT a travel agent or in the travel industry and I will not earn any commissions or other pay for this trip. I’m planning this journey for myself because I l…Cairo, Giza Zoo, Egyptian Museum.           Oct. 16: Giza pyramids, Sphinx…

Check Cairo Hotel Deals