Gites de mon Tresor

Rue du Moulin de Mon Trésor, Anse Bertrand, Guadeloupe
05.90.22.20.01

Compare Anse-Bertrand Hotel Rates (1.1km away)

Gites de mon Tresor Anse Bertrand Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice and quiet with great hosts May 04, 2012
We had booked our last days of our Guadeloupe holiday at Gites de mon Tresor. We had spent the first week on the other part of the island and we had planed to spend a week on each side of the island. We found out we wanted to stay more in spot and drive out from that base, so we tried to see if we could get there 4 days earlier. This was unfortunately not possible but it gave us the possibility to meet our fabulous host Jean Gros where we stayed these 4 days.

Nadine and Denis Quesnoy were our hosts at Gites de mon Tresor, and they turned out to be really friendly people with great heart and friendliness. They were always willing to give us advices on where to go and what to visit, but most of all they even helped us to find a place to stay when we arrived early at their Gites.

Their Gites was located a bit outside of Anse Bertrand near the Moulin de Mon Trésor. The house where we had rented a basement apartment was located with wonderful views over the landscape. The apartment we had rented was quite large with a couple of rooms, kitchen, bathroom and a living room. We had access to the swimming pool as well and the nicely kept garden. One thing that could mot keep me from laughing was the fact that every time I went to the toilet, my phone changed country to Martinique, and entering the living room again took me back to Guadeloupe.

My room was around 12 square meters and had two single beds in each side of the room. It was as the rest of the apartment located in the basement and the room was therefore dark and I really enjoyed the fact that I was able to sleep really well in my small room. I had also an air-condition running during the night to keep the room chilled. The room that Babs was sleeping in looked more like a real bedroom with a nice double bed and access directly to the pool from a side door in the room. The kitchen had all the things you could ask for like, fridge, freezer, stove, oven and washing machine. We decided to have some of our dinners in the apartment and quickly filled the fridge with vegetables and loads of water.

Nadine and Denis Quesnoy had also a small house on their property but it was rented out to a family who stayed there for quite some time. It was a really nice place to stay and relax, mostly because that this corner of the island is the most remote and has some of the most beautiful sites of the island. It is a perfect place to charge batteries and just enjoy full relaxation. I would not stay in this place if I had not rented a car or was biking around the island due to the fact that both Anse Bretrand and the Gites were quite remote from the mainstream tourist areas.
The pool
Facing the parking
The back of the main room
Art on the wall
Chokk says:
I have for many years travelled with my Belgian friend Barbara - not always to her boyfriends liking but we have fun traveling together and we have been in Spain, Egypt, Nicaragua, Jamaica and Guadeloupe together the last 4 years.
Posted on: Jul 20, 2013
TravChef says:
We? ;) Just curious...no need an answer! :)
Posted on: Jul 20, 2013

Compare Anse-Bertrand Hotel Rates (1.1km away)

Gites de mon Tresor Map