Girona Youth Hostel

Check Girona Hotel Deals

Girona Youth Hostel Reviews

petrarchanprincess petrarch…
Dec 19, 2007
Eeww is the first thing I think of when I think of this hostel. This was my first hostel experience, and I am happy that it wasn't my only one, or I'd never want to stay in a hostel again. First of all, I was happily impressed when I arrived...they had an elevator, the reception was nice, gave me a map, I was in a 6 person room, but there were only 4 of us. However, contrary to the name, it's not a Youth Hostel...just a regular hostel...as I was sharing a room with a 55 year old woman and two 45 year old women. Also...there were some people having some sort of a party in the hostel...being loud and obnoxious WAY into the night so getting sleep was very difficult. The beds were also hard and cold. They did provide free linen and their internet was 1 euro for as long as you want...which was great. However, the next morning I took a shower, got out and started to dry off when I all of the sudden heard this loud *THUNK* and I peer around the corner into the shower and see that the ceiling had fallen! Had I been in the shower for another 30 seconds, I would have had nasty ceiling all over me (there was only one shower as well). Not only this, but the edges of the ceiling and whatnot were caked with disgusting green mold.

Eww, eww, eww.