7 Kensington High Street , London, United Kingdom - 020 7938 1221

Giraffe London Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Okay food, but lousy service! Mar 31, 2012
I was in the Waterloo area, at the Southbank Centre and looking for a place for a quick meal. It was a nice and warm day and the outdoor area at Giraffe was very busy. It looked nice so I went inside. There I was met by a nice guy who showed me to a table and gave me a menu, then I was forgotten.

After quite a while the same guy who had walked me to the table walked by, so I asked him if there was someone who could take my order. He looked totally confused. Finally someone came and took my order, but it was not with a smile. My drink was just left one the table without a word.

The menu had mainly burgers, salads and sandwiches. You can find the entire menu on I decided to try something different, a Falafel “Deluxe” Burger with grilled pepper, hummus, beetroot, rocket, halloumi, tzatziki & harissa. The food was good, but due to the lousy service I did not enjoy it. It also took forever to get someone´s attention to ask for the bill. When I did my plate was not cleared from the table. When I had paid and left, the plate was still on the table. No one ever asked me if I enjoyed the meal either!

While I was eating a father and his little daughter came in and were seated next to me. The same thing happened to them. He finally got up and had to ask if someone was working in the part of the restaurant where we were seated.

It was a petty with the lousy service, because the place could have had a nice atmosphere. The decor was nice in brown, orange and green, and with colourful plastic chair and warm lighting.

It puzzled me that no one smiled. It seemed like they were all sick and tired of what they were doing. It might reflect the way the staff is treated. Or they might not care about keeping their customers, because in this busy area there will always be new people stopping by.

Giraffe is a chain of restaurants, so I can´t speak for all of them, but I will definitely not eat at Giraffe at the Royal Festival Hall again.
Falafel “Deluxe” Burger with g…
Falafel “Deluxe” Burger with g…
Daive says:
Aww pity..
Posted on: Apr 04, 2012
sarahsan says:
You are so right Tania! They had everything right except the service! What a petty!
Posted on: Mar 30, 2012
sweettangerine says:
Too bad about the service, it can make or break a place!
Posted on: Mar 29, 2012
sarah_82 sarah_82
Giraffe - Fill your belly without emptying your pockets. Jul 23, 2009
I found this place by accident while walking from Kensington Park to Holland Park. It's lunchtime special ad is what caught my eye - £6.95 for lunch and a soft drink. For the Kensington area of London this is very good!

The restaurant is very clean and modern and the staff are very efficent and friendly. I ordered the black bean, spinach and ricotta quesadillas and my my sister opted for the Vegetarian Brunch (which could have fed an army). With the amount of food in each portion, you could easily keep going untiil late evening. We had dinner at 10pm that night.

10/10 for service

10/10 for food

10/10 for price
Inside the Giraffe
Black bean, Spinach and Ricotta Qu…
Vegatarian Brunch
travelfan1963 says:
I love Giraffe--they're a great chain!
Posted on: Jul 23, 2009
2win 2win
Sep 11, 2007
This place is great! Only discovered it 2 years ago, after my friend wanted to have a b'day meal there. My immediate question was 'Can you eat giraffe there?'..Yes, lame joke i know.

I thought it was a Vegetarian place at first, seeing as though my friend is a Vegetable, and very picky with her food. However, i later found out it wasn't but she picked the place because it has a wide range of food, that caters for everyone.

The first time i went to this place, i couldn't decide what to eat! They have food from all over the world, and their burgers just sounded great! I remember seeing a man opposite me eating something that looked really good, and he seemed to be enjoying it quite a bit! I asked the waiter to get the same as him, and found out it was actually a chicken escalope. When it came, it was atually the best i have ever tasted!

The next few visits i tried all different things, trying not to eat the same thing twice in order to get through the whole menu before i become obese. The food is actually quite healthy to be honest. Even the burgers! You can actually see the vegetables in the food, unlike some places that literally kill them. Oh, unless of course your me, who would turn even the most healthiest meal into a Vascular Surgeons disaster by covering it all in full fat mayo!...mmmm....
megkuuu says:
by the way,i actually live right above of the market, shame on me that i haven'e tried.. but i will tomorrow :)
megkuuu says:
probably evening, i saw you had a very good fun in london! welldone
2win says:
you live near there????.....awesome!!! i cant believe you havent tried it yet!!!.....what time are you gna go tomorrow???

Check London Hotel Deals