Giovino Restaurant & Wine Shop

Giovino Restaurant & Wine Shop - Beef Carpaccio
Giovino Restaurant & Wine Shop - Pork Milanese
Giovino Restaurant & Wine Shop - Aglio Olio with jumbo prawns
Giovino Restaurant & Wine Shop - Restaurant
Giovino Restaurant & Wine Shop - Second floor of the restaurant, where the wine cellar is located as well.

Giovino Restaurant & Wine Shop Kuala Lumpur Reviews

MeiYen MeiYen
Giovino Apr 15, 2010
I have walked past this restaurant several times which is located at Changkat Bukit Bintang opposite of my new favourite club called Elixir (which is just next to Gypsy). I looked at the name of the restaurant, Giovino and wondered if this restaurant had anything to do with Giovani, the chef at the former Flams in Bangsar and Sassorosso at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng in KL. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, my friend a fellow TB were here in KL for a business trip and we agreed to meet for dinner. As usual, I took him to Changkat and after some deliberation, we set for Italian. There are quite a number of Italian restaurants in Changkat and I had tried almost all of them except the new restaurants like Giovino and Bar Italia (where I just went for drinks and desserts minus the food). He chose to try Giovino and we were recommended the table on the second floor by the balcony which has a good view of the bustling activities of Changkat. Then I noticed Giovani, the Chef and owner of Giovino and was informed that his other restaurant Sassorosso is halal (no pork serve) and Giovino is non halal.

This is an Italian restaurant, wine bar and wine shop. Yes, you can purchase and take away the wines. It is a nice place to chill as well. The cellar is mostly stocked with a wide selection of Italian wines and minimal selection of French wines, mostly off vintages. The menu is extensive and we noticed that there is a Greek menu section as well; that I will have to try another day. We ordered Beef Carpaccio, Aglio Olio with jumbo prawns and Pork Milanese and I had a glass of Pinot Grigio. Everything was lovely except for the Pork Milanese, that was way overcooked and tough. I would definitely go back again as I am sure that the food will be good despite the mistake with the Pork Milanese. Next time I am there, I’m going for the Greek.
Restaurant
Second floor of the restaurant, wh…
Beef Carpaccio