Ginza Bairin Philippines

Makati City, Philippines

Ginza Bairin Philippines Makati City Reviews

nolan nolan
One of the best restaurants in the Philippines specializing in Tonkatsu Mar 07, 2015
Ginza Bairin is a Japanese chain of restaurants originally opened in Tokyo back in 1927. The name comes from its location in the GINZA neighborhood of Tokyo. Ginza Bairin offers "TONKATSU" Japanese cutlet cuisine as the first tonkatsu specialty restaurant established in Ginza. They serve various traditional dishes, kurobuta (Berkshire pig) cutlet, original KATSU bowl, Shrimp cutlet, TONKATSU sandwich, and more.

In the Philippines Ginza Bairin has three restaurants, located at Trinoma and UP Town Center, both in Quezon City, and at Glorietta Mall in Makati.

While this restaurant isn't as popular compared to the two other tonkatsu chains, I can say that the combination of price, ambiance, deliciousness of their food, plus the minimal waiting lines make it the best overall tonkatsu restaurant in the Philippines.

Their staff are very attentive, they have promos on Facebook (e.g. post on your wall about Ginza Bairin and get a free ice cream), and the way their food is cooked is succulent and a pleasant gastronomic experience.

The servings include unlimited refills of cabbage salad, Japanese rice and miso soup. Definitely a big plus for anyone with a huge appetite.

I highly recommend Ginza Bairin in addition to the other excellent tonkatsu chains for bringing the great food experience of Japanese cutlets to patrons here in the Philippines and the rest of Asia.
Ginza Bairin
lighting and ceiling at Ginza Bair…
Ebi fry curry set at Ginza Bairin
Hire katsu with cabbage salad at G…
nolan says:
The branch from which this review was based on has closed (together with another of my favorites, Wee Nam Kee which is located beside Ginza Bairin). About a couple of weeks ago we went to the branch in Quezon City at UP Town Center (new mall near UP along Katipunan Avenue) and I recognized the branch manager from Makati. He didn't incidate when the Makati branch will reopen so I guess we will just visit the UP Town Center branch for now.
Posted on: Mar 14, 2016
GMendozaFilms says:
Thank u for posting this. Everytime I'm in the Phil I'm always on the look out for Japanese food. I'm guessing it's not the place for sushi.
If not that's ok coz the foods in your photos looks tasty. I'm usually in Manila at the start and the end of my trips to the Phil so much appreciated info
Happy trails