Ginkgo Hostel

Ginkgo Hostel Rates and Deals

Ginkgo Hostel Budapest Reviews

anywien anywien
Clean and comfortable May 09, 2016
I have been to this hostel already 2 times and I will go even next time when I come, I am sure.

The hostel is clean and very comfortable, the staff is helpful and they give useful tips about Budapest.

It is also quite big and there is a big room where you can sit and talk with other travellers. Definitely 5 stars.

There are two bathrooms which are clean. You can also have coffee and tea in the morning. And if you want to cook something, there is a stove.
keeweeset keeweeset
Cozy hostel Aug 05, 2015
I really enjoyed staying at this hostel.The staff was super friendly and helpful in giving directions to sights, restaurants, the airport and a place to print out my boarding pass. :) It had a nice laid-back atmosphere, which was helped by the fact that a lot of people hung out in the common area/kitchen. The hostel is located close to two metro stations: Astoria on the red line (M2) and Ferenciek tere on the blue line (M3).

The facilities were clean and modern. I stayed in a 7-bed dorm room, which had three bunk beads and one single bed. The hostel also provided lockers with a key and since my backpack wasn't too big it fit nicely. There were two bathrooms and one separate toilet. This hostel also provided a mop so you could clean the floor after your shower. Although, unfortunately, not everyone did this...

The hostel also provides breakfast for 3 Euros. You get coffee, cereals, different types of jam and bread. They also have a toaster, a kettle, two cooking plates and a big fridge to leave your perishable food. The hostel also provides free wifi (which didn't work so well in my room) and two computers in the common area.

The hostel is located close to the Danube, near the Elisabeth Bridge, where you can find several streets with restaurants and clothing stores.
Courtyard in front of the hostel
AliceGrim AliceGrim
Let's go to Ginkgo Mar 22, 2011
The hostel is located not too far from the lively center of Budapest and quite near the Elisabeth Bridge to visit the hills and the castle. Pleasant atmosphere, always ready to give good advice. comfortable beds with lockers to store our stuff.

One of my favorite hostel.
On the ground floor of this buildi…
morganauk morganauk
Great location to see Budapest. Oct 29, 2009
I stayed in this hostel in the summer. The staff were extremely helpful, the location was fantastic, it was off a side street so out of the way but just a walk down the road was the river between Buda and Pest sides. The metro station was a few minutes walk away, so it has great transport links.

The hostel itself was very quiet, there were only two of us in my room and the most people I saw during my stay were 4 other people.

Outside our room was a car park and it does get a little noise in the mornings when people are going to work etc, also they were doing building work outside while I visited. But all in all a great place to stay - I'd highly recommend this hostel!
Marius1981 Marius19…
Review on Ginkgo Hostel - Budapest Aug 22, 2008
Gingko Hostel its right in the heart of Budapest and its very easy to reach. From Kossuth Street you’ll find a perpendicular wee street called Szep Utca, and there you have it. Its located in an old building and the inner courtyard it’s not bad at all.

The place is clean and tidy, the common room and the kitchen are kinda the same place, they also have internet and free breakfast. The owner (well I think she’s the owner anyways) is a girl named Csilla, a great girl and very helpful. She recommended me places to go and where not to, she even exchanged me some local currency, with very very fair rate, as I arrived around 6-7 AM and all the exchange offices were closed around that time.

I paid 15 euros for a night in a 6 bed dorm.

Throughout my whole euro trip I must say this hostel was the place that I loved the most as it was very cosy and the whole atmosphere was good and relaxed and I fully recommend to anyone else.

They have 91% rating on Hostelworld.
Ginkgo Hostel
AliceGrim says:
I'm totally agree! I slept in a lot of hostel in europe and this is one of my favorite!
Posted on: Mar 03, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Ginkgo Hostel

Feelin’ Hung(a)ry ?
August 22nd • 23rd     So I left Transylvania behind and left Cluj to Budapest by bus and arrived in the capital of Hungary around 6 AM in Nepliget bus station. From here I had to go t…Ginkgo hostel is great, cosy and clean and I saw from other reviews that it’s one of the most highly rated hostels in Budapest

Check Ginkgo Hostel Rates and Deals