Gingergrass Restaurant

Los Angeles, California

Gingergrass Restaurant Los Angeles Reviews

travelforfun98 travelfo…
Cute Place, Great Food Feb 23, 2010
The food here is great! I absolutely loved the Gingergrass Tofu, fresh taste for the right price and right portion. Oh- and vegetarians should appreciate this restaurant because there is such a wide selection. I would definitely pay this place a visit if you're in the area and try for yourself. In a city where food is astronomically expensive, its a breath of fresh air for not only your taste buds, but your wallet!
Sep 30, 2007
Gingergrass Restaurant is a local eatery in my 'hood of Silverlake. Located at the corner of Glendale Boulevard and Brier Avenue, Gingergrass specializes in fresh Vietnamese cuisine. The interior has the hip look of mid-century modern interior design. Large windows bring in ample light and allows diners to people watch. Warm tones, wood accents, and exposed beams in the ceiling makes the restaurant seem unpretentious.

To quench my thirst, I ordered the Fresh Ginger Limeade. The ginger cut through the sharp tang of the was tasty and refreshing.

As an appetizer, we ordered the Traditional Crab and Shrimp Imperial Rolls. These Vietnamese egg rolls were served with lettuce, basil, mint, cilantro, nuoc cham (dipping sauce), cucumber slices, pickled carrots and pickled jicama?/daikon?. The imperial rolls were served fresh and hot from the fryer. The outside of the rolls were crispy while the filing was hot and moist and filled with crab meat. Didn't see the shrimp cut it was had crab! The only cons were the imperial rolls were small (about 3 inches long) and only four rolls per order. But that didn't dissuade us from ordering more!

For our entrees, my mother order the chicken pho while I ordered the beef noodle bowl. The pho was so yummy...shreds of chicken, rice noodles, red chili peppers, and bean sprouts swimming in a delicious chicken, ginger, garlic broth. My beef noodle bowl came topped with shredded lettuce, pickled carrots and pickled jicama?/daikon?, and herbs. This dish was OK...the beef was expertly seasoned and was the best part. The noodles unfortunately were a bit overcooked and were mushy in my mouth. But the extra order of imperial rolls was the redeeming factor of the meal.

Despite the miss on the beef noodle bowl, the hits (imperial rolls, chicken pho, and fresh ginger limeade) will tempt me to return to Gingergrass Restaurant! Plus they have take out service as well as daily specials!
sybil says:
i heard this place is fab with homemade shrimp chips!!! :D
Posted on: Oct 18, 2007
mellemel8 says:
hmmmm pho, i am hungry for it now.
Posted on: Oct 18, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Gingergrass Restaurant

Gingergrass Restaurant
I have been living in the Silverlake neighborhood for ooo...gosh...20 years now and sometime during that, Gingergrass appeared out of nowhere.  I kept driving past this place always meaning to s… I have been living in the Silverlake neighborhood for ooo...gosh...20 years now and sometime during that, Gingergrass appeared…

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals