Gina Lee's Bistro

(310) 375-4462

Gina Lee's Bistro Redondo Beach Reviews

Eric Eric
Mar 19, 2007
The South Bay isn't known for fine dining, and from the outside you wouldn't expect much of this place. It's located in a nondescript strip mall along a busy street, next to a supermarket. However, once you enter inside, the surroundings are warm, nice and inviting. One of the owners of the restaurant, Scott Lee, greets people at the door and shows them to their tables, which I thought was pretty cool. He also remembered my name throughout the entire evening, merely from my mention of it when informing him about our reservation, which was a very nice touch.

The food is not mind blowing, but it is still very good. It is best described as Asian Fusion food. For the appetizer we had some gyoza dumplings with ahi-ahi. Remarkably, the meat inside tasted exactly like chicken, so much so that we asked Scott if it was really ahi-ahi. He confirmed that it was. Although the flavor isn't what we were expecting, it still tasted good.

For my entree I had an entire, fried, crispy catfish - marked on their menu as a specialty. It comes with a tasty sauce that you dip the catfish into. It was a good dish, but it was almost too much catfish for one person to eat. I'd recommend sharing the dish with someone else to mix up the taste.

The prices are pretty reasonable for the quality of food. Most entrees range from $12-20.

Overall, I had a good time here and would recommend it to others looking for nice but casual fine dining in the South Bay. Call to make reservations ahead of time - it seems to fill up fast on Friday nights.

Check Redondo Beach Hotel Deals