Gimnasio Ciudad De Quito

02-2225 372

Gimnasio Ciudad De Quito Reviews

pixie_power pixie_po…
workout in quito Sep 25, 2013
I'm here in quito for a month and as I'm a bit of an exercise freak, i wanted to find somewhere to work out. I was advised that this is the biggest gym in Quito, not sure if thats true or not but it is pretty big sizewise I guess. Also its near to where I'm staying which is handy. However the surrounding area doesn't seem the most salubrious so take care after dark with your stuff.

Unfortunately for me anyway, the gym is mostly filled with weights equipment and the place is definitely geared towards men who want to build muscle! I'm much more of a cardio person and there are 5 treadmills, 3 cross-trainers (only 1 of which is digital), 2 climbing machines and about 8 exercise bikes (none are digital). But its never been so busy that iI've had trouble accessing the machines I wanted. There is also a studio upstairs where they offer taekwondo classes, yoga and some other stuff. And theres a bar where you can buy protein shakes and supplements (I've never tried them!).

The womens locker rooms are small but clean with a toilet and shower and you need to bring your own padlock for the lockers.

I paid $50 for a month membership which I think is reasonable as I visited some other places when deciding where to join and they were all about the same, and this one seems to have more equipment.

Compared to my shiny brand-new, well-equipped gym back home this is definitely a step down the ladder but its perfectly fine for what I need at the moment.
malayka23 says:
:) Reminds of the gym I went to in Segovia - Adequate but a little behind in comparison to the one's we're use to in England!
Posted on: Sep 25, 2013