12058 Tecumseh Rd E, Windsor, Canada
+1 (519) 979-6181

Gilligan's Windsor Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Huge burgers Aug 22, 2011
I had been out looking for a camera store and as normal here the locals said that I had to go to Tecumseh Road. The road turned out to be 30 km long but I finally found what I was looking for. At this point of day I felt pretty hungry and I looked across the street and there was a burger joint named Gilligan’s and I thought why not.

Gilligan’s turned out to be a pretty popular spot, but when I entered there were only two other customers in the restaurant. Gilligan’s turned out to be a small Ontarian chain restaurant with 5 branches and this one was the second in line and it opened in 1998.

Gilligan’s is not a quick service, fast food, drive-through or “counter service” restaurant. They state that their menu is prepared fresh daily and supplied from local producers. They are not using any preservatives, artificial ingredients or equipment that violates their “FRESH” concept.

When I entered the restaurant it felt like I entered a real burger joint; I quite liked the interior for being a lunch restaurant. Two friendly women greeted me and showed me to a high table in the corner from where I had a good view of the place. I was given a menu and order a cold Keith’s Lager that arrived shortly after.

I had skipped breakfast in the morning so I was quite hungry and I therefore went for the small version of the Red Hot Chili Poppers and an Original Burger in the ¾ pound version with fries and Danish Blue Cheese. The starter was really good – I totally enjoyed them as a hot snack with the thick cream sauce that it came with.

The burger was huge; especially the burger bun was humongous, the meat was good, but I would have preferred if it were a bit moister. The semi melted Danish blue in the bottom was super but I missed out on some juicy filling; it was like the burger lacked something because I felt it was a bit dry. The fries were good but I was not too happy with the gravy – I much better like mayo to my fries, but the grave was my own choice.

The service was really friendly and nice and I watched the two girls doing a good job at the other tables as well; they were good at their job.
My Red Hot Chili Poppers
My Original Burger with Danish Blu…
Gilligan's from outside