Ghost Tour

(912) 236-8888

Ghost Tour Savannah Reviews

HicokMG HicokMG
Jul 02, 2007
If you are planning a trip to the deeply southern and dramatically charming city of ol' Savannah, then I suggest you skip the city bus tours or even the walking tours and treat your self to some of that thrilling, superstitious, Faulkner-esque ghost story-telling that the many ghost tours have to offer.

I took the tour that offered the open aired hearse ride through the city. The tour guide drove us through the cobbled stone streets, zig-zagged us through the many old squares and not only told spooky stories, but filled us all in on the old history of Savannah as well. The history of slavery, pirates, and the ol' southern gentile was impressed me most about the tour. It was like a two for one deal: entertainment and a history lesson.

Moreover, because of Savannah's amazing "to-go-cup" traditions--the open-aired hearse stopped at all the local bars for us all to fill up on our cocktails, so that we could thoroughly enjoy our ride. Perhaps it was the endless vodka crandberries I drank that night, or perhaps it was the convincing ghost story yarns the guide spun, but whatever it was I had one of the best tours in all my years of travels.
bkretzer says:
Hi Mollie- I liked the review. I'll be in Savannah next year, and this sounds like perfect way to get aquainted with the city!
Posted on: Jan 08, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Ghost Tour

Hot Savannah Nights in Georgia!
This spring had been really crazy for me and I realized that I needed to get out of town to escape the New York weather.  For the past 3 weeks, we had been getting more rain than Seattle a…ghost tour before, but was told you should if you go to Savannah .  After looking at the reviews, we decided…
Rehearsal day and tours of the city on foot
I don't know why, but I've always dismissed Savannah as being sort of 'second rate' to other cities like St. Augustine, Charleston, Williamsburg, Boston, etc.  And I've been there literally hund…Savannah.  A bicycle would have allowed us the opportunity to see so much more, but we decided to do it all by foot - we needed the exercise anyway…

Check Savannah Hotel Deals