Ghost & Ghouls Tour

Edinburgh, Scotland

Ghost & Ghouls Tour Edinburgh Reviews

Nory Nory
Exactly the right dosage of scary and fun Mar 13, 2011
I usually like to book guided tours when I visit a city for the first time; in most cases you'd get a good value for your money and add a little twist to your usual wondering around.

I especially like “theme” tours which provide some extra entertainment to just looking at sites.

Generally, and when it comes to theme tours especially, it all comes down to the guide. I got a recommendation from someone local to book a tour with Mercat Tours, and though I don't know how the other tour companies in Edinburgh are, I can definitely recommend this one.

Although that evening a pretty large group of people booked this tour the guide had no problem controlling the group and fascinating all those who joined the tour with creepy folklore stories as we explored the dark allies of Edinburgh.

I can only hope all their tour guides are as good as the one we had!
Nory says:
It was :-)
Posted on: Mar 13, 2011
OurWorldTrip OurWorld…
Nov 07, 2005
A friend of mine told me he went to the vaults in Edinburgh but they are only accessible via tour. He couldn't remember the tour operator but it wasn't hard to find out. The crowd is called Mercat Tours and most tours start at the Mercat cross on High Street. We had a look at the different tours and as I like ghosts and stuff, I could persuade Ed to go for the Ghosts and Ghouls tour. The tour is about 1 1/2 hours long and costs £7, that includes the Vaults as well.

Our tour guide was very funny and had some really gruesome stories to tell about Edinburgh. There was not only the telling of the stories, no, also some demonstartions. She was carrying a little whip and would snap this now and again. The highlight of the tour was the vault. Apparently you can see ghosts in there and if you have a look at the website you can read a lot of testimonies. I'm not sure what to think of that. We didn't see any ghosts and our tourguide said, she has never seen any either. Mayb next time.

For an extra £1 you can add the Tavern option to the tour. You'll go to a pub after the tour and there will be more stories told. Unfortunately there wasn't enough people to do this in the end and got a refund. Nevertheless it was a great experience and I would certainly recommend Mercat Tours.

Related Travel Blogs About Ghost & Ghouls Tour

Ghosts and Writers in Edinburgh
It was quite an adventure from Inverness to Edinburgh but we arrived safe and sound late today. Before I venture on further with details of our wonderful day, I do want to point out that I had posted…Ghosts and Ghouls Tour of Edinburgh. It was starting to get dark as we made our way through the most…

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals