Getty Center the Info Tech Services

1200 Getty Center Dr, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Getty Center the Info Tech Services Los Angeles Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
for a freebie, what else could you ask? Jul 08, 2014
When you are in Los Angeles, you like to visit museum, and you are a freebie like me, the Getty Center is “a museum you can't miss.” The birth of this museum came from private collections of Jean Paul Getty, the oil billionaire businessman and who was “an avid art collector.”

The Getty Museum is situated in 750 acres of land in the Santa Monica Mountain foothills. From the top a panoramic view of the city of Los Angeles can be enjoyed on a clear day but I guess that doesn’t happen very often because of the smog that hovers the city. Nonetheless, it is still cool to see the city view from here. But that is not what Getty Museum is famous about…

The building itself is imploring to be admired for its lofty architecture. When you are visiting notice the ceiling vaults at the main lobby for its natural light coming from the sky through the huge glass paneling, or the extraordinary building material of travertine stones used for the exterior wall of all the exhibit centers. Look intently to admire the modern sculptures which graced both the exterior landscape and in the courtyard.

During our visit we only had the chance to check out the extensive collections for “decorative arts” at the ground floor of the east wing. In this section alone we’ve exhausted our whole afternoon. We arrived at the complex at 1:00 p.m. and stayed until it was closing time at 6:00 p.m. The large collections of arts are displayed in four exhibit pavilions so it is up to you to pick which specific art collections you may want to check first. We ended up checking the pavilion for decorative arts in east wing because we were so overwhelmed we do not know where to start after we checked the cactus garden from the lookout terrace. I enjoyed it so much though. If you like intricate details, wood carvings, home decorations, or interior decors, then this exhibit is for you.

There are other exhibits I wanted to check out, including the vast Central Garden but we didn’t have sufficient time so I am sure we will go back again in our next trip to Los Angeles.

In my opinion, the Getty Museum is at its best from outside or inside. But it come be overwhelming so here’s to give you a few tips when you visit the museum:

-Allot at least a day to explore the complex. However, if you only have a few hours to spend, then it is wise to choose the best things or the one that interests you the most.

-When arriving to the complex go straight to the information desk in the main lobby for maps and other brochures. Remember to pick an iPod to use for audio tour inside the galleries. IPods used to be for rent but it is FREE at the time of our visit. If you choose you may attend the orientation film first.

-The complex is large and because my daughter can be a little adventurous I know it will be so easy to lose her from my sight so it is good to designate a meeting place, the lobby next to the spiral stairs is a good spot. Luckily, my daughter’s adventuresome spirit did not kick in!

-We plan to stay for one whole day the next time we visit and sure we plan to try the museum’s cafeteria-style dining room.

-I find this place a very family-friendly, with special Family Room, Gallery Games, and storytelling. If you have small children, they will enjoy it there.

-The staff who wears sports jacket are visible anywhere in the complex…they are there to help anytime!

-The museum is closed Mondays and January 1, July 4, Thanksgiving and December 25.

- No entry fee but there is a parking charge, of US$15.00 per vehicle. Parking fee are paid at an automated machine by the tram station area.

-In order to reach the main complex you have to ride the tram from the parking lot. Tram rides are also free.

We rate the Getty Museum 5 stars out of 5! We haven’t even explored the whole complex but we already love it! I heard the garden is spectacular I cannot wait to take a stroll around it!
cotton_foam says:
Thank you for the smiles, Bill on this review!
When you come this way, let us know we can bring you to this museum! :)
Posted on: Jul 21, 2014
Zagnut66 says:
One of the great art museums of the world and on my bucket list.
Posted on: Jul 21, 2014