Getting stopped by the German police!

koblenz, Germany

Getting stopped by the German police! koblenz Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Stopped for speeding by the police in Germany! Jan 25, 2009
I guess I am one of the guilty ones, who is speeding a lot, well I also drive a lot in different countries but this time I got my first speeding ticket in Germany on the road.

I had been driving in good speed on these fantastic German motorways, the traffic had been very moderate; it was Sunday and therefore there were no trucks on the road. I had bee doing around 150 km/h even though there was a limit of 130 km/h. At one point there was a blue BMW 5-serie that came up behind me. I drove in to the side to make it possible for him to pass, but he just continued to be behind me. I therefore increased my speed to 175. Well he continued to follow me but would not pass! I the lowered my speed and this time he came up to me haha!, and he passed me with a nice sign in the rear window saying Polizie.

I follow him to a parking and went out of my car and joined his car. The guys asked me if I knew why I was stopped; I said in my best German that I had an idea. They told me that I had done 171 km/h where I was allowed to do 130km/h. Hmmm what could I say! They wanted naturally my drivers licence, passport and car registration.

They were in good mood and me too; what is done is done and this you can't undo! They started to fill out the papers; where were you born? Stockholm, Sweden. Which nationality? Danish. Where do you live? Brussels, Belgium. They looked at me like I was a fugitive from somewhere; what brings you here? Well going on a holiday in Germany. That is a lot of countries on one piece of paper he said and I laughed and then they did it as well.

Do you admit to your crime! Well, I said yes since they had me on tape! They showed me that they had followed me over 2.043 meters which had lasted around 43 seconds and the average speed had been measured to 171 km/h. I asked for the size of the fine and it was 100 euro which to me was not so bad. I paid my fine and got the best wishes to the rest of my travel. I thanked them and said that I hoped I wouldn't see them in uniform again.
mosted says:
And there are so many Highways in Germany where you can drive as fast as you want (your car can handle). You just have to be patience until the "no limit" sign appears :)
Posted on: May 31, 2012
Chokk says:
They have now done this twice to me in Germany. I don't think that it will help to dispute.
Posted on: Jun 29, 2011
Stigen says:
You could have disputed the fine if you felt that they were pushing you by driving close to your ass. In my country that would never hold up in a court of law :)
Police must keep a good distance.
Posted on: Jun 29, 2011