Getting stopped by police in Serbia

Lozovik, Serbia

Getting stopped by police in Serbia Lozovik Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Getting stopped by police in Serbia Jul 27, 2016
My TB friend Faure mocked me because I had managed to drive 7450 km though-out Europe without being caught by police and he suggested that I or my car either were getting slow or Ming had an influence on my speed. I have to say neither was correct - as I was pulled over in Serbia.

I was driving on their wonderful motorway in pair with a Ukranian Jeep when a dark BMW 5-serie also joined. At one moment it started to block in front of us so we had to pass - and I didn’t see the old German high way trick coming up before it was too late. Because 3rd time it did it, I passed both cars because I had enough. The BMW passed me again but this time showing me some blue lights in the darkened back window - while it was blinking to the right.

I followed nicely to a parking where a policeman came out and asked for my papers. Being stopped by police on these trips before I had prepared a welcoming package for him will all mine and the cars papers. I notice that he wasn’t that interested - he had more on his chest besides not speaking English. He tried in broken German and in that way he took me to his car where he showed me a picture of the back of the car with the numbers 155,7 kmh underneath. (120 kmh allowed)

I complimented them on the quality of the picture said I recognized the license plate. Next step was that they showed me a stack of papers and ask me to pay 5000 RSD’s (40 euro). I wanted to pay with credit card and they said only cash. So they suggested that I followed them (always a good idea by the way) to the nearest gas station so I could withdraw some dinars.

On the way there, they played the same trick to a Finnish car that got pulled over as well (picture) - so we were soon a convoy to the gas station. When I finally got the cash they gave me 20 percent in discount for paying cash - and a recommendation to stay at 130 kmh - then they wouldn't stop me. They were actually very nice, cheap and effective !! Soon after we left the gas station they had stopped a German - probably same strategy all the time.
The police stopping a Finnish car
AdamR3723 says:
Back in 990, I was stopped by a Yugoslav policeman in Macedonia, and fined the equivalent of £1 Sterling for speeding (about 40 Km/h). My friend in the car was fined half that amount for not wearing his seatbelt!
Posted on: Mar 16, 2017
cimtech says:
Thank you for sharing this information, it is very helpful for me. Now I know the tricks !
Posted on: Dec 11, 2016
Chokk says:
Thank you - it was almost funny - and it was an experience
Posted on: Aug 17, 2016