Getting stopped by Czech Police - again

Mikulov, Czech Republic

Getting stopped by Czech Police - again Mikulov Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Getting stopped by Czech Police - again - this time in Mikulov! Mar 23, 2015
As some of you know I quite often get pulled over by police on my road trip and this trip had also its incident. Much to my surprise this one was not for speeding but for driving on a walking street in the beautiful little village of Mikulov. I had hoped that I could explain myself to avoid paying but there was nothing to do.

I was driving around this beautiful little and very picturesque village that had lovely and beautiful buildings everywhere and I was looking for a parking in order to take some pictures of the beauty of the city. I was probably driving 20 km/h following a local driver into the city center. We stopped the car and Ming got out to take some pictures. I parked the car next to a bunch of other local cars and walked out to take some pictures as well.

I saw a police car arriving next to my car and much to my surprise they stopped at my car, so I walked back to the car, where they approached me and asked if it was my car. I said yes and they said I had violated they city rules because it was only local cars that could drive in the inner city. They told me that I had to pay 1000 czk to them straight away. He asked if I had any cash - and honestly I had to say no, as had not plan to buy anything in Czech Republic.

He said I could change money at the end of the square and he walked me there. Much to his and my surprise they were closed so he asked me to go to the police station across the street. Once we entered there he left me in a hall in front of a small closed shutter covered window.

I waited for some minutes until he opened the window - and I said hallo! This he didn't find too funny but clearly he wanted the money and I had already taken way too much of his time. He took my credit card and withdrew 1000 czk (50 euro) and gave me a receipt. He walked me back to the car without to many words - he still wasn't pleased - I just kept on smiling like an idiot because I didn't want to get more tickets from him. Finally at the car, he showed me the way out of the city, which I interpreted as a direct hint.
Just before the police came !
Just before the police came !
Chokk says:
Very true :)
ik-ben-10eke says:
Seems to me you need different license plates ;)
Chokk says:
It was kind of strange - also that they were so harsh on a single tourist making a mistake ! I would have thought that it would possible to get away from the fine - but not !

Check Mikulov Hotel Deals