Getting from Pulkovo-1 airport by taxi

Saint Petersburg, Russia

Getting from Pulkovo-1 airport by taxi Saint Petersburg Reviews

parabellum parabell…
Some tips to avoid disappointment Oct 11, 2016
Getting from Pulkovo-1 (domestic terminal) to the city may be a little awkward presuming the fact there is no direct railway connection.

For those who decide to go by taxi, I recommend to compare prices at different taxi counters right at the exit from the arrival gate. You can be surprised with the difference in the flat rates of taxi providers. For a ride to Petrogradskaya storona (Petrograd Side, on the northern Neva bank) I was offered 900 rubles (around 21 Euro) ride by a company on the left side of the arrival hall, up to 1300 rubles (almost 30 Euro) by another one 15 m further on the right side. In the same time, a reputable company I called to order a taxi beforehand proposed me to pay 930 rubles - in my case it made no sense to arrange a taxi in advance, especially bearing in mind that in case of your flight being late they will charge you ~10 rubles per minute for waiting.

UPD: in 2016 the same ride ordered via a hailing app costs around 750 RUB (less than 11 Euro) - Russia's becoming much more affordable travel destination than ever before!
parabellum says:
Well, it looks like a median price :)
Anyway, I wasn't at St.Pete since then - these days the inflation is pretty high in Russia
Posted on: Nov 20, 2010
Chokk says:
I booked one inside for 1100 and I found that okay - and there was no hazzle and discussions
Posted on: Nov 20, 2010