Getting from Hewanorra Airport (UVF) to Rodney Bay

Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

Getting from Hewanorra Airport (UVF) to Rodney Bay Gros Islet Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Transportation tips Aug 06, 2010
Getting from Hewanorra Airport to Rodney Bay is a massive chore. If you have time and enjoy scenic routes and want to save a few bucks, take a taxi (which looks like a little white van-the style is very popular in the West Indies). It was $80US for 3 people one way. The drive is VERY scenic and I loved it! St. Lucia is very lush and very green. The drive can go via 2 major routes and it requires some sharp turns and some steep climbs. It took about an hour 15 minutes to get to our hotel (but it didn't seem like it) and over an hour and a half to get back to the airport. There was no traffic going but we got stuck behind a trunk on the way back. We didn't see a traffic light or have to stop until we reached the town of Gros Islet-an hour into our trip.

I met a lady on my plane who booked her transportation with a third party booker (Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, etc) and she paid $100US RT for a single rider (I'm not sure how much more it'd be if she had more people with her.

If you are pressed for time and have money to spare, I hear another option is a helicopter ride. About $150US and 15 minutes later, you could be at your destination. The helicopter departs right outside of Hewanorra/Vieux Fort airport, but I'm not sure where it lands in Gros Islet.

People have rented cars and there are rental desks right as you exit customs at the airport, but be mindful if you are coming from the States, they drive on the left side of the road and as I stated before, the roads can be steep and some of the turns can be sharp. Otherwise, some places are walkable, while other seem to carry quite the steep charge for a short taxi ride.
Hewanorra Airport is a small open-…

Check Gros Islet Hotel Deals