Getting an Indian Visa

Turkey

Getting an Indian Visa Reviews

DanceswithDingos Danceswi…
Indian Visa for Australians in Ankara Nov 26, 2010
I tried to find info on this but didnt find anything that helpful, so I thought a post might be handy for any Australian travellers wanting to get an Indian Visa while in Turkey.

Firstly you need to go to the Indian embassy in Ankara which is easy to find. They only accept Visa applications between 10am and 1130am mon to fri. It costs 40$ US but they only accept Turkish Lira, even though a sign outside the embassy says they only accept US dollars. So you need about 85 Turkish Lira for a tourist visa.

You enter a small building near the front gate and there you get your visa forms to fill out. I was advised to request a multi entry/ 3 month visa by the Indian staff as it cost the same as a single entry Visa.

What you need to bring with you is 2x passport photos, A bank statement showing sufficent funds, and proof of return flights. There is a small travel agency about 50 mtrs down from the embassy who will reserve flights for you at no cost at all and give you a print out you can take to the embassy. So you do not need to pay for any flights as proof.

You do not need a letter of proof authenticating your passport as American citizens do.

It takes 4 working days to get your visa and you must leave your passport at the Indian embassy. Passport return is only between 1700 and 1730 mon to fri. I hope this helps.
scovillelr says:
Hello,

I was so thankful to read this post of yours! I am Canadian and currently in Turkey and wanted to go to India next month. Unfortunately right now I am in a small Eastern city until mid September. I am wondering if you may know if I can follow this same procedure being Canadian and head to Ankara for about a week to get this visa and then book my flights to head to India?

Thanks so much,