Getting a Vietnam visa in Cambodia

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Getting a Vietnam visa in Cambodia Sihanoukville Reviews

rotorhead85 rotorhea…
Aug 06, 2007
If you plan to travel into Cambodia by boat, then continue into Vietnam, get your VN visa in Sihanoukville. That is where the Vietnamese Embassy in Cambodia is located. It is very easy to find, near the top of the first hill heading from town toward Weather Station Hill. It only takes about twenty minutes to fill out the application and pay the fee. It cost US$35 for a 30-day stay, single entry. They will need visa-sized photographs. Like Cambodia, the visa is a full-page stick-on so be sure to have open pages! (I had to delay my entry into Vietnam to get extra pages added to my passport so that I would be able to get BACK into Cambodia.)

If you are in Phnom Penh, it will take at least 2-3 days to get the visa because they will have to send your passport to Sihanoukville. You might as well do it yourself and check out Sihanoukville (also known as Kompong Som). It is only a 4-5 hour bus ride from PP, so not too much of a back-track.

And if you haven't been there before, an excellent party stop with okay beaches!
gavin10879 says:
Hi Dan, I got mine Phnom Penh, it did take a few days, you are right but I didn't mind the wait, I had plenty of time. Sihanoukville, so many memories of that place, one of my favourites, the cute kids selling Sarongs, Bracelets, Bookmarks, etc.
Posted on: Aug 06, 2007