Get Hiking Now

(323) 829-2616

Get Hiking Now Mount Baldy Reviews

thisisaric thisisar…
Great when there is natural snow May 27, 2011
Mt Baldy doesn't have the resources to create enough snow to actually have an enjoyable ride when there has been no recent snowfall. The few months they do have decent natural snow it can be a great cheap option for a few runs. It's the closest resort to LA and doesn't have the large crowds the commercialized resorts attract. Not recommended for beginners even though the website leads you to believe otherwise. Primarily intermediate and advanced runs. Zero rails, boxes and jumps but you can legally go off of the trails where it's not maintained or patrolled, just be careful.

Now that I think about it Mt Baldy is pretty ghetto compared to the commercial resorts but I guess that's what I like about it. So if you don't mind spending more, driving further, and dealing with larger crowds check out Mt High or Big Bear (Snow Summit, Bear Mountain, Snow Valley).
tiffharg tiffharg
Sep 16, 2007
So, the other day, three friends and I hiked Mt. Baldy. I have done this before, but was extremely excited!! I am glad that we went. We made great time and just had fun walking the trail. If you would like a great out door experience, I would suggest Mt. Baldy. There are several trails to choose from. It is hard work... but it can be done!!!

This may be 5 dollars per car for parking, but if you get the adventure pass it is only 30 dollars for an entire year!! Be sure to bring a ton of water and some snacks. Have fun hiking!!
Get Hiking Now Map