Gershwin Hotel

New York, United States

Gershwin Hotel Reviews

sir-nickilos sir-nick…
Jan 22, 2008
This hotel, to me, felt more like a hostel. Not that it wasn't clean, because it was, but the beds didnt feel comfortable and I didn't feel like I wanted to use the bathroom. Although it had all the facilities - a tv, bunk beds and full bathroom, I was glad we only used the hotel as somewhere to sleep.
derekbilldaly derekbil…
The Gershwin Hotel Aug 26, 2005
Just off from 5th Avenue, you walk out and turn the corner to see the Empire State Building.

The Gershwin is an old hotel, close to 100 years old at this stage. Its charm lies in the fact that they try to embody and embrace art. The buildings facade is a work of art in itself, even if I dont understand it. The hallways show an artists flair of touch too. Many artists live here. The hotel sponsor various artists in different disciplines to help them with their work.

A key difference with this hotel is that they offer all types of accomodation from expensive executive suites right down to hostel dorm rooms...you can guess which I used.

It wasn't the best dorm room I have ever stayed in to be honest but it was nice, just not what you would expect from such a hotel.
New York Map