Germano's Piattini

Germano's Piattini - Mixed Olives

Germano's Piattini Baltimore Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Small and Satisfying Plates at Germano's Dec 06, 2014
Germano's Piattini came as a highly recommended restaurant in Baltimore's Little Italy district. I can understand why. It was excellent!

Germano's was about a five block walk from out hotel. A pleasant walk, even in an evening mist. The Piattini refers to their signature small plates. I'm still not clear on this concept. The mains were very satisfying. (They are not heaping portions as some Italian restaurants in the USA can be.)

One side of the menu features selections of Salumi, Cheeses, and Olives. The other side is a more traditional menu. We did order a Mixed Olive select as an appetizer. Then, we both went for a Twisted Caesar salad. But, for our mains, I ordered Spaghetti Vongole (spaghetti with clams) and Susan the Beet Ravioli. (I tried a bit of that. THe beets were a unique flavor.) My spaghetti with clams was delicious! As I said, just a perfect amount of food.

We sat upstairs in the 200 year old building, overlooking the street. The dining ambiance reminded me of our dinner in Brussels in October.
Germano's Piattini