Germaine's Luau

(808) 947-1244

Germaine's Luau Kapolei Reviews

mbprovence mbproven…
Oahu Luau Apr 06, 2010
The best luau on the island. They are informal, and give you LOTS of drink tickets. The food is good to. It is not as lame as the other ones.
pinchora pinchora
apparently the best Luau on the island...that's the word on the street by multiple people Jan 25, 2009
There are 3 Luau's that you can chose from on the island...one is the Pollynesian, the other is Paradise Cove and the last is Germaine's. My friend and I were originally going to go to the Pollinesian but after talking to Keith (Aloha_Keith) we decided to go to Germaine's (they apparently have the best food too)... and all the Luau's are about the same amount... in the $70 range.

The Pollinesian is an all day event starting at 10AM or noon and ending around 9PM... that is something my friend and I didn't want to do as we have the attention span of a pea...but her friends said that we should go to watch the hot, sexy, slippery men... for the real eye candy. With the Pllinesian you get a day in a Tahitian Village, dinner and a luau (no alcohol is served here)... at the Paradise Cove you get the Luau, a Lei and 2 alcoholic beverage tickets and at Germaine's you get dinner, a shell necklace and 3 tickets to go towards alcohol.

Germaine's was more authentic with the looks of the dancers and artists...the same with the food. You start with the Torch lighting ceremony and the men dig out the pig from the pit where they cook it and impress the visitors by touching the hot coal... you get to watch this with a beautiful sunset background. They then invite tables to go one by one (families with children get to go first) and get their food buffet style... and encourage you to go back for seconds because in true hawaiian culture you don't stop eating until you can't move anymore.

The food that you get is a typical plate dish...which until I got here figured it was a lot of fruit as most of the food. But I was wrong. The food was Kalua Pig (Roasted Pig from the pit), Poi (Taro Potato) Haupia (Coconut Pudding), Chicken, Long Rice, Lomilomi Salmon (which tasted like Pico De Gallo), Fresh Pineapple, deep fried Island Fish, Rice, Vanilla Coconut Cake, Teriyaki Beef, Pineapple, Coleslaw, Chocolate Cake, Fried Chicken, Three Bean Salad, Tossed Green Salad, and a Dinner Rolls.

The food was alright... it didn't have the most flavor but it was good for the vast amounts of food they had to prepare for the visitors.

This luau is very group involved...they have competitions between the buses (we drove in a car so we didn't get picked up) and see who was the most energetic and also have luau contests on the state with the visitors...the most popular is getting 3 men to dress up like lady hula dancers complete with coconut bra's and they have to dance for the audience and the audience get's to pick the best one.

The professionals also display their pacific island hula techniques along with my favorite...the fire batons!!! That is the main reason why I wanted to come here.

This definitely is something you have to do... and even from the people I talked to on the plane after leaving they said that they were dissapointed with the Pollinesian and wish they would have tried anotherone...that the food was horrible and that the day was too long which is exactly what I heard from some of the locals before picking a luau!

And Thanks Keith for all your help!!! I had a blast with you!

Check Kapolei Hotel Deals