Georgia Brown's

www.gbrowns.com - (202) 393-4499

Georgia Brown's Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Good food and bar service Oct 30, 2011
I have been to Georgia Brown's to sit at the bar more than to eat in the restuarant portion. Even at the bar, the environment is warm and welcoming. You can sit at a tall table or actually at the bar (if you can find space) and order a full meal, a combo of appetizers, or a few cocktails.

They have a shrimp dish with lump crab meat, the best mac and cheese, the best spinach, and some southern combinations I'm not that familar with (are you supposed to eat shrimp and grits at the same time?)

Michelle Obama ate there and other celebrities have been known to stop by for a meal. I hear brunch on Sundays is great, but be prepared to bring the extra large wallet!

They have valet parking, but parking along McPherson square is rough. Monday-Fridays (and maybe even the weekends), you have to pay the meters up until 10pm. The McPherson square metro is only half a block away (if you exit on the right side), so maybe that will save you from the insanity of parking.

If you live here in DC, this is a place you have to check off your list for dinner or even to sit at the bar. If you are visiting and want a nice place for chique Southern cuisine, this is the place.
SwtSerenity SwtSeren…
Jan 04, 2008
Georgia Brown's is located near the White house. It's FINE SOUTHERN CUISINE. We ordered the short rib with mashed potatoes and vegetables and the southen fried chicken with mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese.

Sounds basic - but it really was superb.

First off, the southern fried chicken was simply delicious. It was tender, soo flavorful, and barely any bones. The portions are hearty with tons of flavor. The macaroni and cheese was so good too!

The environment is a bit posh and you may want to dress it up a little but we didn't know that and we just wore jeans and a sweatershirt and no one looked at us otherwise. I guess they knew we were tourist. haha

The service was good too! I had reservations at 7:30 but arrived about 45 min too early and they sat us right away. No hesistation! I even asked for a window seat and they granted that immediately.

Good food, good service, price wasn't too bad either. About $25 a plate.
Eric says:
Sounds good! making me hungry...
Posted on: Jan 06, 2008