Georges restaurant

restaurantgeorges-costes.com - +33 (0)1 44 78 47 99

Georges restaurant Paris Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Dinner place to impress a date in Paris Nov 16, 2010
This was recommended to me by an italian girl who lives (and works) in Paris. She is my classmate's friend and upon prompting by my italian classmate's request to give me (a fashionable lady) advice on where to go in Paris, I found myself going to places which are considered fancy for my (then) student status :P That description of fashionable lady was a trap..expensive one! :P Nevertheless, as flexible of a person as I am, I closed my eyes and braved it..convincing myself, it will be worth the "experience"

I was told I had to book in advance which I did. I booked for dinner for one..don't have a date!

I was running late and so I called them a few minutes before my supposed reservation time to say I am running late and they said they'll hold the table for me.

My cab driver couldn't help commend my get-up for that evening and tho I'm usually not easily flattered by compliments..I take this one bec it's Paris which is known for the Parisians looking down on fashion criminals with disgust on their faces! :P

I learned that I had to go up...bec it offers a spectacular view of the city. I'm usually very scared of heights but it's a good thing that there is a group which came the same time as me so I was distracted by them and didnt thought of the acrophobia that much :P

On the elevator, it's already quite a sight to see the city and the sun setting on the background..wish I am with someone "special"..would have been really romantic :P

Anyway, I arrived at the top floor and was brought to my table after I told them my reservation. I looked around and noticed that people were quite well-dressed. I thought this place would be good for a dinner date but also for a group of friends who could afford it :)

I ordered my meal trying to not order the most expensive ones on the menu. I had a an artichoke appetizer which is just ok..nothing special..and I can't remember the main meal and the dessert...tho it is quite a while back (3 years ago)..it should have stayed in my memory if it was really memorable. Nevertheless, it was overall a pleasant meal. I can't remember if I ordered wine..most likely not, but will check my pictures at home. The whole meal cost not more than 100euros but for a student, it is an expensive dinner! I wouldnt mind tho if I am a working male dating a nice girl and trying to impress her ;)

I was seated outside at the terrace so I enjoyed a very good view while having my dinner. I went inside to go to the restroom and saw that the indoor restaurant was pleasant as well..but the terrace was more romantic ;)

I will probably go back again if I'm in Paris and when i have a date to make the dinner and the sight more enjoyable :)

Check Paris Hotel Deals