George's Lounge

11705 8th St, Dawson Creek, Canada

George's Lounge Dawson Creek Reviews

planxty planxty
A very tidy lounge. Mar 17, 2017
Readers of my reviews on other sites and even here will know that I generally seek out the roughest bars I can find for reasons even I don't quite understandand and conversely I usually give hotel bars a miss on the principle they are normally a bit posh and I am usually greviously underdressed.

However, whilst out for my morning walk on my first full day in Dawson Creek the first place I came upon was The George Dawson Hotel featuring George's Lounge and Pantry (for which read restaurant) and I was thirsty. Well, it was past midday and I had been walking in some decent sunshine so in I went.

The Hotel and Lounge are both named, as indeed is the city, for the man who led the first surveyours here in 1879.

I was greeted by a very pleasant lounge obviously not very old and well looked after. There were only a few other people present as seems so often the way in Canadian bars so I took my usual station at the bar and ordered a beer. As also is so often the case here there was no draught but I was getting quite used to this by now so a bottle was called for, promptly produced by a friendly server.

I must admit that I thought a larger establisment like this may have had some draught but no problem. It went down nicely so I had another. When came time for the bill it was understandably a bit more than usual but not greviously so.

Although I did not eat, I did peruse a pretty extensive menu which seemed very reasonably priced by local standards and the quality of the establishment.

There is free wifi here and I am glad to report that Georges is fully accessible which is always good. There is also designated handicapped parking should that be an issue for the reader.

I did not have occasion to use the "facilities" so I cannot comment on that.

As I said at the beginning of this review, this is not normally my kind of place but it was peasantly surprising.

Check Dawson Creek Hotel Deals