Geological Museum

Bandung, Indonesia

Geological Museum Bandung Reviews

blurbmoi blurbmoi
Science whiz Jan 29, 2009
I had no expectations with this museum as it is the first of its kind that I've seen.

This is probably one of the best things I can recommend that you can check in Bandung.

It is a highly informative and organized 2-floor museum that starts off with the evolution of man and animal charts, fossils, and descriptions, some in English and mostly in Bahasa on pictures mounted above the displays.

It gives you an insight of almost anything about Geology. The right side being general Geology and Indonesian Geology on the left wing as you go in, with several rooms of different exhibits inclusive of volcanic eruptions in the country.

The 2nd floor only has half functioning at the time which highlights materials used for unearthing minerals, various stone and mineral displays that rehashed our Chemistry discussions. Another thing that impressed me, not being a Science fan in this museum was the formula mounted on one of the walls that showed the mixture of minerals to form alloys and had pictures and samples of the everyday household items that uses it.

Note that this museum is free of charge, it is definitely a worthwhile experience.
Night at the museum
Tons of minerals to learn
gboediman says:
dear Nina. your review is interesting. can i copy your review into my Map of Bandung? i will print it hopefully the end of dec. 2012. if you give me the permission, what should i put as a resource? Only "blurmoi/nina"? thank you. hope you can respond soon...:-)
Posted on: Dec 05, 2012
blurbmoi says:
Thanks Alice! Am glad you liked it. I do hope you can visit it soon.
Posted on: Feb 01, 2009
AlicjaK says:
Thank you for the info, I am always interested in this kind of museums.
Posted on: Jan 31, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Geological Museum

In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king
After spending 5 days in Bandung I could'nt find a better phrase to describe the place, and Indionesia as a whole. Theres not alot to do in Bandung. The geology museum has some impressive rocks and a…Bandung. The geology museum has some impressive rocks and a plastic T-rex skeleton. The zoo has a Sumartran Tiger…

Check Bandung Hotel Deals