Geographer Restaurant & Bar

A-G-38 & 39, Selangor, Malaysia

Geographer Restaurant & Bar Selangor Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
The Geographer Jul 09, 2012
I wanted to have a drink with my friend but prefer a place that's not too loud so we could have a decent chat. I've searched online and saw that this place got 8 thumbs up out of 9 reviews. i think i'll be the 10th person to write a review, but giving it a thumbs down.

The place was actually quite nice, with comfortable ambiance, and relaxing seating arrangement. But when the menu came, it was then the negative points started.

There were quite a number of alcohol to choose from, but I couldn't find a simple Gin Tonic or Kahlua. They have big bottles for sale, and from a number of different countries too. But don't think that's suitable for a simple night out.

We asked for snacks like chips or fries, but their 'light' snacks were calamari rings, sausages, chicken wings... to me... those are not 'light'! No nachos, no fries? I thought those are the standards?

They have a number of main meals that looked delicious, but we didn't try them, as we were not there for dinner anyway.

Already disappointed that we didn't get to order the drinks we wanted and there was nothing to munch on, what made it worse was that our conversation was interrupted by the waiter, asking us to pay. But we've just started, and showed no signs of leaving anytime soon. And they're not even closing yet. So why the hurry to make us pay?

There was a bit of a communication barrier with the waiters due to different accent. Already I had difficulties understanding what he was saying, to top it all, he was mumbling with a receipt between his lips! Gosh!! What kind of service is this?? Never have I seen such a rude waiter! After a few "huh? what?" s, he finally decided to get that receipt out of his mouth and speak clearly!

I ordered a Pinacolada while my friend ordered some Lychee cocktail thingy... can't remember what it was. On top of that we ordered a 1.5l Evian mineral water. All 3 costs us over MYR 60. I find it pricey. And the Lychee drink was sooooo diluted and tasted like some hospital medicine.

We have a lot to catch up so we were there until about 2.30am. Although its opening hours is only until 2am, but there were still many people there when we left.

Overall, i didn't like my experience there and will never want to go back there again.
It's at the corner and easy to spo…
Pinacolada and Lychee Cocktail
Lychee Cocktail that tastes really…
Glynnes says:
Congrats on being Today's Featured Travel Review.
Posted on: Apr 30, 2012
trippin_jen says:
you're right. a chinese feast. hahahah!
Posted on: Apr 26, 2012
soonthiam says:
Rm60 for the three drinks. I could have a buffet for that amount for two. :)
Posted on: Apr 25, 2012