Geoffrey’s – an authentic British pub

Old Airport Road Bangalore, Bengaluru, India

Geoffrey’s – an authentic British pub Bengaluru Reviews

beau_bread beau_bre…
Geoffrey's- an authentic British pub Feb 07, 2010
It was like another saturday. working on my Laptop and of course surfing thru TB ,chatting :).

A saturday evening on its offset.i was not expecting much to happen as it was already 7:30.a ping on my messenger caught my eye. it was from my friend Rahul who as usual was watching EPL (Liverpool was playing).

Though i was a liverpool fan but their performance have been so bad i have changed my preferences :D.

He pinged me and asked if i would like to join him and his friend to watch the game at extreme sports .A sports theme based pub in Banaglore and as usual i agreed.Manchester United was playing .

i am not a big fan of them but what the heck couple of beers over a great game of soccer is always a treat.we planned to meet at 8:00 as he stays nearby and then head to the pub.i got ready and met him at 8:00 .

we were planning to take the bike then dropped the idea and took a rick to the place.place was decently crowded :).A group of girls and few other :)..

Our friends were sitting at the bar and were waiting for us.Well i asked the manager to get us a table for 5.and he gave us a corner table and its our bad luck :( we were not able to watch the match from there.we got pissed off.grrrr.

and a friend of mine who was already a bit high had a discussion with the manager but he was not able to get us a decent table.

We thought of quitting the place and moving to another pub which was on top of this pub :).

But the boxer at the gate asked for bribe and i was not in a mood to give it to him .what the heck i wanted to watch the match not the girls out there :P.

We were not so happy and discussion started where to go . Match was about to start and we were running short on patience. Well i suggested them Geoffrey's i have been there many times. and it is one of my favorite places.

As i am a member i do get a good discount :D .

We took the car a friend had it and drove down to the pub. The waiter knows me well and he gave us a table .you can call it fate that is the same table i have been sitting on like for ages :).

We all sat there and checked for the match.A sad news they didn't had the channel running i was a bit disappointed after all i came out to watch the match :(.

New ays we settled down and ordered our drinks. They were all onto whiskey and i was not to be left behind i ordered my favorite Single malt on the rocks and couple of them went with Blenders pride.we ordered our starters.

And settled down comfortably for a chat. and oh boy chat we did.the night went fine.

There was this wedding going on in the lawn and that added spice to our gossip..

We continued with our scotch and some fine food :).

close to the time we took the car out and started our car to drive back.

It might have been our bad luck that we got caught by the police for drunk driving we were not too drunk but the alcohol level in india are pretty stupid 30 ml so it was bound to come. The driver got caught and the car papers taken with a fine on us :D.

But it was a good experience :D with some classic music.a wedding in the lawn a British pub,nice single malt scotch.a classy food platter on the table :D. tough a bit pricy ...

I would recommend the place to my friends if they are in a mood to go to a nice pub with a good lawn a rolls royce in the parking and a great food :)

Check Bengaluru Hotel Deals